My grandmother used to make this amazing Basundi recipe but she would boil the milk for hours, and in this fast paced life who has that much time?
So I played around with the recipe a bit and came up with this instant Basundi recipe which takes less than half and hour to make and tastes absolutely amazing.
Trust me guys you have to try this recipe out.
Also just be careful with the caramelisation of the sugar, if you over cook the sugar there is a possibility that it will start tasting bitter. so its always better to under cook the sugar then to over cook. Rest of the recipe is like a cake walk..
Do comment to me to let me know your experiences 🙂 Until then happy cooking
Step by Step Video for ‘Instant Basundi‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to Make Basundi
- 1 ltr Full Fat Milk
- ⅓ cup Condensed Milk (Milkmaid
- ¼ cup Regular milk
- ⅔ - ¾ tbsp Wheat Flour
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder / Elaichi powder
- 10 Pistachios / Pista
- 10 Almond / Badam
- 4-5 threads Saffron threads / Kesar
Prepping for the Instant Basundi
- Slice the Pistachios / Pista and keep it aside
- Soak the Almonds for 1 hr, and then remove skin and slice it and keep aside.
Method for making Instant Basundi
- In a vessel add the milk and heat it up, keep stirring occasionally.( As it is full fat milk, if you don’t stir it then you will start seeing a layer of fat on top, which won’t taste that great).
- Meanwhile take ¼ cup of regular or full fat milk add the wheat flour and mix it well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Once the milk is heated up, almost right before the boiling add the wheat flour milk to it The reason we add the wheat flour to the milk is to help the milk to thicken.
- Now add the Condensed Milk ( Milkmaid) and keep stirring it while you adding the condensed milk
- Add the saffron threads and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes you will notice that the color and the texture has started changing.
- Now in another vessel add the sugar and turn on the flame and keep stirring till the sugar starts melting and you see a little bit of brown color.
- Now add this caramelized sugar to the milk. Be very careful while doing this.
- Mix it well.
- The color will be exactly like basundi color
- Now add the and the Cardamom powder, Pistachios slices and the Almond slices.
- and cook the milk for the next 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes turn off the flame and let the basundi come down to room temperature.
- Once its at room temperature keep it in the refrigerator until it’s completely chilled.
- Serve this instant basundi once it’s chilled.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123