Once you try this method of making aloo pakora you will never make it the old way. This method of making aloo pakoras will give you crispy crunchy pakoras and with a bust of different flavours. You can enjoy these pakoras while having your evening tea, and you can make many varieties of pakoras such as Maggi Pakoras, cheese pakoras, or paneer pakoras.
Step by Step Video for ” Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Aloo Pakora
|Large Potato thinly sliced||2-3|
|Gram flour / Besan ka atta||½ cup|
|All purpose flour / Maida||½ cup|
|Rice flour / Chawal ka atta||¼ cup|
|Cumin seed / Jeera||1 tsp|
|Chilli flakes||1 tbsp|
|Cilantro / Dhania||1 tbsp|
|Dry Fenugreek leaves||1 tsp|
|Big green chilli chopped||1|
|Salt||as per taste|
Prepping for making Aloo Pakora
- In a bowl add the Gram Flour, Rice flour and the All purpose flour. Mix using a balloon whisk
- Add the cumin seeds( lightly crush them by putting them between your hands and pressing them)
- Then add the Sliced green chillies, chilli flakes, Dry fenugreek leaves, cilantro and salt as per your taste.
- Now add a little water at a time and make a thick slurry of pourable consistency.
- Rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the baking soda and 1 tsp of hot oil.
- Mix it well for 2-3 minutes.
Method for making Aloo Pakora
- Add the potato slices in the batter and make sure it coated well.
- Then drop the slices in hot oil and fry till they are golden brown in colour.
- Then remove them on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney.