Aloo Raita is so refreshing and it’s super easy to make. You can use leftover potatoes or even boil a few to make this raita.
Raitas always adds something special to a dish. And during a hot summer day, raitas are most welcome as they cool your body heat down. There a few raita varieties which I will be soon covering so you get options when you want to make something along with your main meal.
This Aloo Raita goes well with roti , sabji and rice dishes. Adding the onions in this dish is totally optional, but as you will see in my video it does add some extra zing and crunch to this Aloo raita.
If you wish for a sweeter raita please do check my Pineapple raita recipe
it’s equally delicious and equally easy to make.
Step by Step Video for ‘Aloo Raita’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Aloo Raita
|Potatoes, Boiled and Diced||2 medium size or 3/4 cup|
|Curd||1 ½ Cup|
|Onions, Diced||¼ Cup|
|Dhaniya/ Cilantro||1 tbsp|
|Green Chilli, Sliced||¼ chilli or as per your taste|
|Red chilli powder||Pinch|
Ingredients for the Tempering
|Curry Leaves / kadi patta||4-5|
|Mustard Seeds, roughly crushed||¼ tsp|
|Dried Red chilli||1|
- Take the Skin of the boiled potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Dice the onions, slice the green chilly and roughly crush the mustard seeds.
- Whisk the curd and if the curd is thick add a little water until it’s of pourable consistency.
Method for making the Aloo Raita
- In a large bowl add the Potatoes, add the onions, dhania , green chillies, red chilly powder , chaat masala and salt. Mix well.
- Add the curd. Mix well.
- In a tempering pan add the oil and once the oil it hot, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and the dried red Chilli for just 30 seconds.
- Add this tempering on top of the Aloo Raita. Mix well Before serving.
- Garnish with some fresh Dhaniya leaves
- This dish can be served at room temperature or cold along with roti, sabji and rice dishes.