You always want to give you kids healthy food and are always on the look out for kids healthy food recipe, but Kids always seem to run away from such foods, what if i told you that you can make a Healthy Sandwich recipe which is extremely yummy and due to the cheesey flavour it will definitely attract their attention. Would you believe me, probably not, cause you think healthy food cannot be tasty. So why don’t you just read my recipe or watch my Healthy Sandwich recipe video and see how you can make an Healthy Sandwich recipe for kids and then decide what you think.
It shows how you can incorporate Apple, carrots and dates which kids never like to eat and make something that they actually end up craving for due to the cheese content
You can make this Healthy Sandwich recipe for birthday parties and it will become the talk of the town. And trust me even you will not be able to resist them.you can also give these Healthy Sandwich in your kids lunchbox, or an evening snack.
The best part about this sandwich is it doesn’t take too long to make, if you have thousand island dressing which is these days easily available at all grocery stores, but if not i have even showed how to make it at home.
If you are looking for more sandwich recipes do check out my instant rava toast – it’s a open sandwich recipe or even egg salad sandwich, or Corn Cheese Grilled Sandwich I am sure you kids will love them both.
Step by Step Video for ‘Apple Carrot Dates Sandwich Recipe’ (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Healthy Sandwich Recipe
|Bread slices brown / white||6|
Ingredients for the Carrot Spread
|Carrots Grated||½ cup|
|Thousand island dressing / If you don't have the dressing then the following ingredients||1/8th cup|
|Fresh cream||½ tbsp|
|Curd / dahi||1 tbsp|
|Mustard sauce||¼ tsp|
|Chilli sauce/ Chilli powder||⅛ tsp|
|Green chilli paste||⅛ tsp|
|Onions finely diced||½ tsp|
|Tomato sauce/ ketchup||1 tsp|
Ingredients for Date Spread
|Apple Grated||½ cup|
|Dates Finely chopped||⅛ cup|
|Fresh cream||½ tbsp|
|Cream cheese||½ tbsp|
|Salt & Pepper||As per your taste|
Prepping for the Healthy Sandwich Recipe
- Grate the carrot and apple. Dice up the dates and onions
Method for making the Carrot Spread
Now guys if you have the thousand island dressing which is these days easily available in the market then you just need to add the grated carrot in it and your carrot spread will be ready. But if you don’t then follow the below steps.
- So in a bowl let’s add the Cream and the curd and mix it well together.
- Once it’s mixed in add the sugar then the onions
- Followed by the mustard sauce, then the green chilli paste,chilli sauce (if you don’t have this you can just add red chilli powder)
- And then the grated carrots and the tomato sauce and mix well and keep aside
Method for making the Apple Spread
1)So in a bowl add the grated apple followed by the fresh cream then the finely chopped dates and the cream cheese some salt and pepper and mix it well.
Method of preparing the Sandwich
- Once you have the spreads ready start making our sandwich. So take three slices of bread.
- And start applying the carrot spread on one of the slices,
- Then place the other slice on top of it and start applying the apple spread on top.
- Then cover it up with the third slice.
- Now using a knife cut it into two equal halfs and voila your healthy hearty apple date carrot sandwich is ready
Which You can serve it with ketchup