Bhindi is usually loved by all be it kids or adults, so today i bring you a different version of making bhindi ki sabzi – Bhindi Do Pyaza, we are going to make this recipe by using some onions and tomatoes and make it in a slight gravy which i can bet will have you licking your own fingers.
Step by Step Video for ‘Bhindi Do Pyaza’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for making Bhindi Do Pyaza
- 250 gram Okra / Bhindi/ Ladies Fingers
- 1 big Finely chopped Onion / Pyaz
- 1 big Big pieces Onion / Pyaz
- 1 big Finely chopped Tomato
- 1 big Big pieces Tomato
- 1 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 tbsp Cilantro / Dhanya
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander cumin powder / Dhania jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seed / Jeera
- 3 Dried red chilli
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ¼ tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste / Adrak lahsun paste
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 1 tsp Ghee / Clarified butter
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp Oil
- as per your taste Salt
Prepping for Bhindi Do Pyaza
- Remove the top and the bottom of the Okra / Bhindi/ Ladies Fingers
- Finely chop the Onions and tomatoes,
- Make Big Pieces Chinese style of 1 onion
- And make big pieces of tomatoes to make puree.
Method for making the Bhindi Do Pyaza
- In a Kadai add 3 tbsp of oil and once hot add the Okra, and fry it for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes remove the Okra in a plate and let the excess oil remain in the kadai
- In the same oil add the dried red chilli, followed by the cumin seeds, and once they start to sizzle add the Asafoetida / Hing and the Ginger Garlic paste, and mix well.
- Once mixed add the finely diced onions and cook for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame or until the time onions are golden brown in colour.
- Once the onions are cooked add the finely chopped tomatoes along with the salt and mix well and cook for the next 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Once the tomatoes are are cooked add the tomato puree along with the Coriander cumin powder / Dhania jeera powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, Turmeric / Haldi and mix well, and cook for 5 minutes or until the tomato puree is cook and starts oozing out oil.
- After 5 minutes add 1/2 cup of water and the big onions pieces and mix it all in and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes add the fried okra and gently mix it, and cover and cook for the next 2-3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes oven the lid, mix it once again and then add a little sugar( optional but i recommend it as it balances the taste) and fresh cream, and garam masala and the fresh dhania and mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add ½ tsp of ghee/ clarified butter mix it and serve while hot with roti or phulka or naan or lachha paratha.