Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi recipe with step by step instructions – Spicy, Tasty Crispy Okra Recipe. It is one of the best side dishes you can make with bhindi.
This Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi recipe is an easy snack made with bhindi or Lady Finger. You can eat it with rotis, parathas, or dal rice.
My mom used to make this and would present to us as Chips or wafers, and we would wipe every bite of Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi from the bowl. And we would not even need roti or chapati. SO this is one good way of incorporating vegetables in your kids meals and if you are worried that it’s fried you can always bake it as well.
I have mentioned below as to how to bake the bhindi as well.
Step by Step Video for ‘Bhindi Fry-Kurkuri Bhindi‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Bhindi Fry-Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe
|Besan / Gram Flour||2 tbsp|
|Chawal Ka Atta / Rice Flour||1 tsp|
|Ajwain / Carom seeds||⅓ tsp|
|Haldi Turmeric||⅓ tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||½ tsp|
|Amchur / Dried Mango powder||½ tsp|
|Jeera powder / Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Dhania powder / Coriander powder||½ tsp|
|Garam Masala||¼ tsp|
|Salt||as per your taste.|
Prepping for Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi
- Wash and dry the bhindi and kept it under the fan till its completely dried.
- Then cut the bottom and the top part of the bhindi and then cut it and divide it into half, then taking one part of the bhindi and slice it from the center, same for the 2nd one. Now using the knife scooping out the seeds from the bhindi
- And then we cut it into juliennes.
Now let me tell you the 2nd method which i find it very convenient.
4. So same as before remove the top and the bottom of the bhindi and then slice it from the top to the bottom.
5. And then using your thumb remove the middle portion and its comes out so easily.
6. And now repeat the same for all of the bhindi and make the juliennes.
And once we have our Juliennes ready it’s a very very easy process.
Method for making the Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi
- Once the Juliennes are ready and now let’s start adding the masalas.
- So first goes in the garam masala,the turmeric, the ajwain which is also called the carrom seeds, then the amchur or the dried mango powder, Red chilli powder, the dania jeera powder, which is the cumin coriander powder, then the rice flour that is chawal ka atta, followed by the besan which is Gram flour, some salt,
- And using a spoon to mix it all in, You can even use your hand to do the same.
- Now that everything is mixed in well together , keep it aside
- add the oil in a kadai for frying.
- Once the oil is hot add a handful of the bhindi in here and fry it for about a 1 – 11/2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Then carefully using a slotted spoon remove it on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Now repeat the same for the rest of the bhindi.
- Serve the Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi with hot roti or chapati, or dal rice.
- You can even serve it by itself.
Tips the Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi:
1)The oil should be hot otherwise the bhindi(okra) will absorb oil and become soggy.
2) You can adjust the maslas as per your taste.
3) If Baking Bhindi Fry – Kurkuri Bhindi – then take a greased tray and spread the coated bhindi, remember for baking you need to add 1 tablespoon oil in the coating mixture and mix it very well with the bhindi. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius, till the bhindi is crisp and golden.