Learn How To Make Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich Recipe, an Indian Street Food Recipe. And boy it is one of the best sandwiches you will have as it is very easy to make, with very simple ingredients which you can find easily in your pantry, And you can customise the Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich as you want you want, by simply adding onions or more capsicum, you are a cheese lover add a slice of cheese and you got yourself a vegetable cheese Sandwich .and now let me go into the past of the sandwich literally every summer vacation of mine was spent in Bombay and being a Mumbaikar for whatever months of weeks that I used to spend there sandwich was a part and parcel of my life during that period and it used to be fun to save up on your pocket money and have the sandwiches.
Of course, Bombay is known for its food and one of the best food that you can have are these Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich and trust me guys once you make it there will be no going back they will become one of your favorites too so do make this Easy To Make Vegetable Sandwich Recipe at home and share with us your experiences in the comments section below.
You can make these Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich in a electrical sandwich toaster or you can even use the unique stove toaster, I would definitely recommend using the store toaster as it has its own charm and they easily available in any of the big stores. so what are you waiting for just go ahead and make these Bombay Masala Toast sandwiches and do let me know if you have some combination which you like a lot in these sandwiches and I will love to give that a try as well.
Meanwhile if you want to try out some other sandwich recipes then dont forget to check out my Potato bread starter recipe or the Apple date sandwich recipe or The Egg Salad sandwich or the corn cheese sandwich
And if you are interested in the Sandwich chutney recipe then do check this recipe of the Bombay Sandwich Chutney.
Step by Step Video for ‘Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich
- 4 Medium size Potato
- 3 tbsp Fresh Peas
- 3 tbsp Cilantro /Dhanya
- 8 to 10 Curry leaves / Kadi patta
- ½ tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- ½ tsp Mustard seed / rai
- ¼ tsp Cumin seed / Jeera
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 each Onion, Capsicum, tomatoes
- 8 Bread Slices
- 1/4 cup Sandwich chutney
Ingredients to make the Sandwich Masala
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
Ingredients for Garnishing
- as per your choice Butter
- as per your choice sev
Prepping for the Bombay Masala Toast
1) boil the potatoes and remove the skin and match them and keep them aside in a bowl
2) boil the Peas and keep them aside in a bowl
3) chop the Dhaniya which is cilantro and slice the onion capsicum and tomatoes
Method for making the Bombay Masala Toast
1) In a large Kadai or Wok add some oil and once the oil is hot at the mustard seeds which is right and once start to sizzle add the cumin seed which is jeera followed by the curry leaves, then the turmeric powder which is haldi and the boiled and mashed potatoes.and cook for about a min
And mix well
2) once mixed at the boiled green peas along with the salt and the Dhanya and mix it again.Once mixed cook for about 30 seconds and then remove it in a bowl.
3) and wait for our sandwich stuffing to come down to room temperature.
4)Meanwhile take two slices of bread and apply butter on both the slices.
5) now apply the sandwich chutney on both the slices as well.
6) now spoonful of the sandwich stuffing and place it on one of the slices and spread it evenly.
7) then add the onion slices followed by the tomato slices and the capsicum slices.
8) don’t Sprinkle some sandwich masala on the vegetable slices( sandwich masala consists of black pepper powder salt and Chaat Masala)
9) and now cover the sandwich with the other slice of bread and pressing down gently
10) I usually recommend to use the store toaster because that is what they use on the streets of Bombay to make the sandwich but if you don’t have one you can always use the electric sandwich toaster.
11) so heat up the toaster that you are using a little bit and then apply a little butter so it spreads easily
12) and now let’s land a sandwich on the toaster and then close the lid and cook till the time it turns golden brown on both sides
13) once the sandwich is golden brown in colour from both sides then remove it in a plate and using a sharp knife cut into 9 equal parts.
14) now apply a little bit of butter on top along with a little bit of chutney and Sprinkle with some sev or grated cheese
15) serve immediately with some chutney or some tomato ketchup.