Cheese Pakore are a wonderful twist to the regular pakora. Not only are they easy peasy to make but are absolutely a treat to the taste buds. These rectangular shaped cheese pakodas can be filled with whatever filling your heart desires. They are so quick and easy to make that even a new bie in the kitchen can make this wonderful dish.
And of course they are a must have during the monsoon season as the the weather and the pakoras / pakodas are a match made in heaven.
Step by Step Video for ‘Cheese Pakora’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Cheese Pakoda ]
- 3 Cheese Cubes
- ½ cup Gram Flour / Besan
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
- ⅛ tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- ⅛ tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi
- Pinch Soda
- ⅛ tsp Chat Masala
- ½ tsp Italian Mixed Herbs
- ½ tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp each Your choice of filling (Onions, capsicum, jalapenos and olives)
- As per your tastes Salt
- For frying Oil
Prepping for the Cheese Pakora
- Finely dice up the onions and capsicum keep aside in a bowl.
- Now we take a cheese cube And slit it in between don’t go all the way, so that the cheese cube still remains intact and you still have a pocket. Keep aside.
Method for the Cheese Pakora
- In the Gram Flour add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds, dried fenugreek leaves, soda, chat masala, salt, hot oil and water and mix well until you get thick slurry. Keep aside.
- Now it’s time to fill it with the spices so first goes in the Chili flakes and then the mixed Italian herbs
- We can close it and keep it aside for
- For the second one we are going to fill it again with the Chili flakes and the mixed Italian herbs, followed by some finely chopped onion and capsicum or bell pepper gently close it and now to the third one,
- fill it with the spices followed by Jalapeno and olives
- Keep some oil for frying and once it is hot take one teaspoon of this hot oil and mix it in a batter this will help our batter to become crispy from the outside.
- Now simply take the cheese cubes and dip it in this batter make sure that is evenly coating the cheese cube from all sides and then drop it in the oil but before you do that ,check if the oil is ready.
- so just add one drop of the batter and drop it in the oil and if it comes up immediately that means the oil is ready for frying.
- now add a cheese cubes and fry till the time they are golden brown from all sides you might have to occasionally gently stir it.
- Place them on a plate and is going to be piping hot so be very careful.
- Serve hot.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123