Chilli Cheese Toast is a very simple and easy toast / open sandwich recipe which you can make for a quick breakfast or as an evening snack.
Kids absolutely love this dish, as it consists of cheese, just be carefull when you are making this dish for your kids to keep the amount of chillies in check.
There are many variations of making chilli cheese toast. But this style is my absolute favorite as it’s so easy and hassle free and you can make it on a tawa or if you wish to you can make it in an oven.
You can use white bread, brown bread or any bread of your choice. In this recipe I am using white bread. You can also use your choice of cheese, I am using Amul cheese cubes.
You can also make it mumbai style where you use the stuffing and make a toast sandwich. Just grill or toast the sandwich in the sandwich maker.
Step by Step Video for ‘Chilli Cheese Toast’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Chilli Cheese Toast
- 4 Slices Bread
- 1 tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
- 8-10 finely chopped Garlic
- 1 Medium Size Capsicum / Bell pepper
- 1 Medium Size Tomato deseeded
- 1 tbsp Cilantro / Dhanya
- 1/4 tsp or As per your choice Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp or As per your choice Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp or As per your choice Mixed Italian Herbs
- 3-4 Cubes Amul Cheese Cubes
- As per your choice Salt
Prepping for Chilli Cheese Toast
- Finely chop all of the vegetables. Keep aside.
- Grate the cheese. Keep aside.
Method For making Chilli Cheese Toast
- In a bowl add the capsicum, deseeded tomato, cilantro, black pepper, salt, mixed herbs and the chilli flakes and mix it well.
- Add ¼ of the grated cheese in the same bowl and mix again. Now keep this cheese mix aside.
- Now In a tempering pan add the butter, add the green chillies, garlic. And mix it all in.
- Cook on low flame for 1 minute this will help infuse the taste of these ingredients into the butter.
- Wait for it to come down to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature apply it on one side of the bread, (and it’s up to you how much you want to add it to your bread)
- Add the cheese mix on that same side, grate some more cheese on top, do the same for the rest of the bread.
- Very gently place this bread on a pan. Turn the flame on low, cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Make sure to check in intervals so that the bread doesn’t burn from the bottom.
- Once the cheese has melted remove carefully cut it in between and serve hot.
It’s important that you use deseeded tomatoes otherwise you’re toast could get mushy.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123