Chilli Paneer is one of the most ordered dishes in Indian restaurants. Imagine you making it at home at almost half the cost. It will be a perfect starter if you want to impress friends, family and gang of kids alike. it works out perfect when Guests come over suddenly and you want to treat them with a mouthwatering starter, or when you are planning to make Indian-Chinese(InChin) Noodles and Rice for the main course but don’t know what side will go with it. This Chilli Paneer Recipe not only looks good but, it’s a show stealer. Make a drink of sunset mist(recipe will be added shortly) with it and you will be the queen of the kitchen.
Step by Step Video for Chilli Paneer Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Chilli Paneer Recipe
- Slice the Paneer (Cottage Cheese) in cubes. Keep Aside.
- Peel and Finely chop ½ inch Ginger and 3-4 Garlic Cloves. Cut 2-3 Green Chillies diagonally.
- Slice 1 medium Capsicum in squares, make sure you remove the seeds and the pith.
- Slice ½ Small Onion, make sure you remove all the layers before you slice. Keep Aside.
- Chop up Green Onion leaves for garnishing.
- Add tad bit of water to the 1 tablespoon of Cornflour, and make a thick slurry.
- Heat the Oil in a non-stick pan then Dip the paneer cubes in the slurry and drop them in hot oil. When the base is slightly cooked, flip over and fry. once they are uniformly golden in color it’s time to place them on a plate. Keep Aside. Do not over fry or else they will get hard and chewy. keep the leftover slurry aside.
- In the same pan, after we finish frying the paneer, we use the leftover oil to fry the finely chopped ginger- garlic. Stir. Then add the onion and capsicum squares. Stir.
- Add the green chillis
- Always cook Chinese food on a high flame. Once the Veggies are half way cooked – add the Schezwan Sauce, the Soya Sauce, the Tomato Sauce, the Red Chilli Sauce and the Leftover corn flour slurry( this slurry will give a nice glaze to the sauce) stir.
- Do not add any salt to this as all the sauces already contain salt.
- Add the pan fried paneer cubes, stir till the sauces coat all the paneer pieces.
- Garnish with some chopped up green onions.
This dish tastes best when served hot. Make your experience little more fun and authentic with Bamboo Chopsticks. It not only adds unique look at your table but trust me using chopstick is just a matter of little practice.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123