Maggi is an everyday occurrence in our lives, we grew up with maggie, anywhere you go in india there is no place where you cannot find yourself a packet of maggi. It’s a perfect food for bachelor’s and students as it’s so easy to make, but it is also a favorite among kids. So most mom’s always keep a packet or two at home for emergencies.
Now there are various ways you can make Maggi the simplest it just cook the Maggi noodles for two minutes in hot boiling water and then add the tastemaker which comes along the noodles, but along with that there are couple of different ways you can make it, adding more flavours and vegetables making it more fun.
So here is one of the ways that I like to make it, and I call it my Chinese Style Maggi, or even Chow Maggi, do try it out and let me know what you think of this recipe.
Step by Step Video for ‘Chinese Style Maggi ‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Chinese Style Maggi
- 2 Packets and there tastemaker Masala Maggie
- ¼ cup Cabbage
- ¼ cup Onions
- ¼ cup Carrots
- ¼ cup Bellpepper
- 1 tbsp Green onions
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Schezwan Chutney or Sauce
- ¾ tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Hot and Sweet Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Oil
Prepping for Chinese Style Maggi
- Slice up the vegetables thin lengthwise and keep aside in a bowl.
- Add the sauces in a bowl along with the tastemaker and keep aside.
- Cook the maggi noodles in boiling water for two minutes and drain the noodles and throw away the excess water and keep the noodles in a bowl.
Method for making the Chinese Style Maggi
- In a pan add oil, once the oil it hot add the ginger and the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the onions and the carrots and cook on high flame till you see the onions turning a little translucent.
- Now add the cabbage, bell pepper and half of the green onion. Now cook for two or three minutes. The vegetables still need to have a little bite to them,
- Now add the sauce mix and mix well with the veggies and cook for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the cooked maggi noodles and mix well. If need be add a 2-3 spoons of water.
- Turn off the flame and remove in a plate.
- Garnish with the rest of the green onions and serve hot.
You can also check my Garlic Pasta for a quick and easy noodles dish.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123