This Corn Chaat or Corn Bhel was introduced to me by my mom even before people in Indian started eating corn in various form other than roasting it.
This Corn Chaat was such a pleasant surprise as i had never seen something like this before and never knew that corn can be eating in this way. This chaat recipe is not only easy and tasty but it’s very healthy as well. And the combination of hot corn with cold veggies gives a very fun feeling while you eat and the crunchy vegetables along with your choice of fruits and boondi give the right about of sweetness and spiciness that takes this another level.
And as its so colourful it’s favourite among kids and instead of giving the kids maggie or pasta this can be a perfect snack or for your kids.
This can also be severed to any guests who have come for tea.
I would definitely recommend that you make this corn chaat or corn bhel as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on such a great dish.
Step by Step Video for ‘Corn Chaat’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Corn Chaat
|Onion / Pyaz||½ cup|
|Green Capsicum||2 tbsp|
|Yellow Capsicum||2 tbsp|
|Cilantro/ Fresh Dhania||2 tbsp|
|Pomegranate / Anar||2 tbsp|
|Masala boondi||¼ cup|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Chopped Green Chilli||2|
|Cumin seed / jeera||½ tsp|
|Fresh dhania / cilantro||⅛ cup|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Prepping for the Corn Chaat
- Boil the Corn in water with salt for 5 minutes. Then drain the water and keep the corn aside.
- Chop the vegetables and keep aside
Method for making Corn Chaat
- In a kadai add about 1 tbsp of oil and once hot add ½ tsp of cumin seeds which is jeera
- and once the jeera starts to sizzle then add ½ cup of diced onion and cook for about 1 min do keep stirring it in intervals.
- After 1 min add 2 tbsp of yellow capsicum, 2 tbsp of green Capsicum and stir it in
- And then add the 2 chopped green chilies and if u are using spicy chillies then make sure to use only 1. And cook it for 1 more min.
- After 1 add the boiled corn and mix it well and again cook for 1 min.
- And then remove it in a big mixing bowl,
- and then add ½ cup of diced tomatoes, 2 tbsp of chopped cucumber, 2 tbsp of pomegranate, 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of lime juice
- ¼ cup of masala boondi, ⅛ cup of cilantro thats dhania and some besan sev and now let’s mix it all in.
- Once properly mixed it’s time to serve so remove it in a serving bowl and garnish with some fresh grated coconut, besan sev and fresh dhania and serve immediately.
1)Now guys i usually boil the corn in hot water with salt in it, so i will not be adding any more salt to this dish as the boondi and besan sev that we are going to add also contain salt.
2) Always serve it immediately do the boondi and the sev doesn’t get soggy. If you are planning to serve after some time then add the booni and sev later on.