Here is a quick and easy Creamy Masala Corn Sabzi made of sweet corn, which will make you eat more chapatis than you usually do!
Creamy Masala Corn Sabzi is a simple indian curry recipe prepared with sweet corn kernels in spicy and creamy tomato and onion based sauce. the taste of the sweet corn curry recipe is on a mild sweet in taste and is ideal for less spice eaters. it tastes great when served with Garlic naan, or roti but can also be served with jeera rice too.
With a balanced taste and pleasing appearance, this Corn ki Sabzi will be loved by all.
Step by Step Video for ” Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Corn Sabzi
- 1 ½ cup Boiled Sweet Corn / makki ke dane
- 2 Medium size chopped Onion / Pyaz
- 2 Medium size chopped Tomato
- 1 tbsp Cashew / kaju
- 1 tsp Muskmelon seed/ kharbuja
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream / Malai
- 2 ½ tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Coriander Cumin powder / Dhania Jeera powder
- 2 tsp Dried Fenugreek leaves / Kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp Cilantro / Fresh Dhania
- 1 tsp Garlic Ginger paste / Adrak Lasan paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- as per your taste Salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
Prepping for the Corn Sabzi
1)Boil the sweet corn, and finely chop the onions, tomatoes and dhania/cilantro and keep them in separate bowls.
2)soak the muskmelon seeds and cashew seeds in water for ½ hr.
3)after ½ hr muskmelon seeds and cashew seeds along with a little bit of water in a blender and make a smooth paste. Then remove it in a bowl and keep aside.
Method for making the Corn Sabzi
1) In a kadai add the oil and once oil is hot add the onions and stir and cook the onions on a medium flame for the next 4 to 5 minutes.
2) after 5 minutes the onions should be cooked and now add the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of the ginger garlic paste and salt which will help the tomatoes to get cook faster. Make sure to mix it well and then cover and cook for the next 4 to 5 minutes.
3) after 5 minutes or once the tomatoes are fully cooked add the Kashmiri red chilli powder followed by the dhania jeera powder and the Garam Masala and now mix this all in and cook it for the next 30 seconds
4)after 30 seconds or once you start the oil oozing out add the corn and mix it well again. and cook for the next 1 minute
5) after 1 minute add the Cashew and muskmelon paste along with the cream /homemade Malai /fresh cream and mix it all in and cook for 1 minute.
6)then add 1 and ½ cup of water and mix and wait for it to come to a boil and once it comes to a boil then turn the flame on medium and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7) after 5 minutes add the dhania and kasuri methi.
And cook for 30 more seconds and then remove it in a serving bowl.
Garnish it with some cream or grated cheese.