Step by Step Video for ‘Dahi Bhindi’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for making Dahi Bhindi
- 300 Grams Bhindi / Okra - Chopped 1 “apart
- 1 Large size Onion
- 1 Medium size Tomato
- ½ tsp Onions seeds
- 2 Green Chilli
- ¼ tsp Haldi / Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Curd/ Plain Yogurt
- ½ tsp each Dhania-Jeera Powder / Cumin Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- as per your taste Salt
Ingredients for the Garnishing
- 1 tbsp Dhania / Cilantro
Prepping for Dahi Bhindi Recipe
- Dice up the vegetables (Bhindi 1” apart, slice the onions and tomatoes) keep aside in a bowl.
Method for making the Dahi Bhindi Recipe
- In a vessel add the oil, once hot add the onion seeds wait for them to sizzle which should take 10-15 seconds
- Once they start sizzling add the green chillies and the onions.
- After two minutes the onions would have started changing color. Now it time to add the bhindi, turmeric and salt.
- Keeping the flame on high mix it well together. And cook for 1 minute.
- Now cover the vessel , turn the flame on low and cook for 3-4 minutes. Do stir in intervals.
- After 4 minutes add the tomatoes, the Dhania-Jeera Powder and the red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the time the tomatoes are fully cooked.. Do stir in intervals
- After 4 minutes or once the tomatoes are fully cooked add the curd / Dhai and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once cooked serve in a plate and garnish with some fresh dhania / Cilantro leaves.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
0 0 100 0