I have already showed you how to make bati so now today i am going to show you the dal which you can have with the bati, or you can even have this dal just with rice cause it’s really delicious and very easy to make. Its also very healthy and you can have it with some paratha , or naan, or jeera rice.
Step by Step Video for ‘Dal for Bati, dal’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the dal for dal bati
- 3 tbsp Toor dal / Tuvar dal/ Split pigeon peas
- 2 tbsp Chana Dal / Split Chick Peas
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal / Split & dehusked black gram
- 1 tbsp Moong dal / Petit yellow Lentils
- 1 medium size Tomato
- ¼ “ Adrak / Ginger
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Dhania / Cilantro
- 1 Dried Kashmiri Red Chilli
- 1 Tej Patta / Bay Leaves
- 1 Dalchini / Cinnamon stick
- 2 Laung / Cloves
- ¼ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Haldi / Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Rai / Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- Pinch Hing / Asafoetida
- 1 ½ tbsp Oil or Ghee
- as per your taste. Salt
Prepping for the Dal for Dal Bati
- Dice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- Rinse and drain the dal.
Method for making the Dal for Dal Bati
1)In a pressure cooker add some ghee if you prefer you can always add some oil, and once it’s hot i am going to start adding all the rinsed and drained dals.
2)So first goes in the channa dal which is Split Chick Peas followed by the toor dal which is Split pigeon peas, then the moong dal which is Petite yellow Lentils and then the urad dal which is Split & dehusked black gram, and stir them in for the next 30 seconds.
3)And then add about 4 cups of water and then cover the lid.
4) and then wait till you hear 1 whistle and then turn the flame on low for the next 10 minutes and then turn it off
5)After that wait for the cooker to cool a bit and then open the lid
6)And check if the dal is cooked, If it’s not cooked give it one more whistle.
7)Once the dal cooked keep it aside and lets work on our tadka.
8)in a kadai add some ghee, you can always use oil if you like, and then start adding the dried spices, starting with the Dried kashmiri red chilli, followed by the bay leaves which is tej patta and then the cinnamon stick which is dalchini, cloves which is laung.
9)And cook for 30 seconds,
10)then add the mustard seeds which is rai and the cumin seeds which is jeera, and once they start sizzling.
11) add the hing which is Asafetida, and then add the haldi which is turmeric and kashmiri red chilli powder, give it a quick stir and then add the ginger pieces, and the sliced green chillies and then the tomatoes, and stir them well,
12)let’s add some salt and some fresh dhania leaves and now cook the tomatoes for the next 4-5 minutes or until the tomatoes are fully cooked if you wish you can even cover it up.
13)After 4-5 minutes the tomatoes are nicely cooked so now add the dal from the cooker, and stir it well together and cook on medium flame for the next 5 minutes.
14)After 5 minutes the dal should be looking great so transfer it in a serving bowl.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123