Who doesn’t eat sweets ? We eat them after every meal, and during festivals it becomes a necessity to have a sweet dish around .This Date Roll recipe is not only easy and quick to make at home but is also very healthy dessert. With the festival season lurking around the corner, I am going to help you make a delicious dessert.
I personally make this sweet for Diwali ( Indian festival season ) and lay it on a nice tray or glass plate and put a decorative ribbon on the plastic wrap and gift it to my friends and family. This is my way of showing love and appreciation.
Step by Step Video for ‘Date Roll – Healthy Dessert’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Date Roll - Healthy Dessert
Blackened Seedless Dates 500 grams
Walnuts (chopped) ¼ cup
Cashews (chopped) ¼ cup
Almonds (chopped) ¼ cup
Butter or Ghee (clarified butter) 2 tsp
- Chop all the dry fruites and keep aside
- In a food processor add the dates and make them as fine as possible.
- In a pan dry roast the nuts on medium heat till they are warm. Set aside.
- Melt the butter/ghee in the same pan over medium heat. Add the blended dates.
- Continue cooking for about 6-7 min or till you see a uniform texture, use a spatula to stir in regular intervals
- Add the roasted nut mixture and mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Put in a bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes or till it comes to room temperature.
- Once cool, Shape the mixture into a log and cut into bite size pieces.
The best part the Date Roll can be stored at room temperature for about a month and in a refrigerator for at least 3 months.
In case you are wondering which quality and brand of dates to pick, here is one I use – Lion Dates Special Pack.