Do you like eggs? Here is a fantastic Egg Paratha recipe which will keep you asking for more. An ideal egg recipe that you can make for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or for Teatime Snack.
Egg Paratha((or Anda Paratha) is a very famous street food in Delhi and lot of students and youngsters wait until late night for the Street food vendors who usually set up shop only after 11 pm to have their favorite parathas. The first time I tried this paratha, I was mesmerized by the art involved in it and, of course, the taste. When I tried it at home, surprisingly, it turned out even better as we use good quality ingredients and thought I must share it with everyone so they can make this Delhi’s favorite food right at home without worrying about the hygiene.
Step by Step Video for Egg Paratha Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
|Whole wheat||1 ¼ cup|
|Carom Seeds (Ajwain)||1 tablespoon|
|Diced Onion||½ cup|
|Diced Cilantro||½ cup|
|Diced Green Chillies||2-3|
|Red Chilli powder||as per taste|
|Turmeric||as per taste|
|Black Pepper Powder||as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Clarified Butter (Ghee)|
- In a bowl take the wheat flour, add the carom seeds and a little water and knead a soft dough. Once the dough is almost ready take a little salt in the same bowl add a few drops of water to it and roll the dough in it. By doing this, you will not need any extra oil for the dough.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the Eggs, Green chillies, Coriander, Onions, Salt, Black pepper powder, Red chilli powder and Turmeric.
- Divide the dough into four parts. Take one part and roll the dough into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin roll it to a round even layer. Apply Ghee / butter/ oil on it and sprinkle dry flour. Now take the top of the Layer and fold it ⅔ of the way.(semi-circle shape). Apply Ghee / butter/ oil on it and sprinkle dry flour.
- Take the bottom Layer and fold it on the top layer. Apply Ghee / butter/ oil on it and sprinkle dry flour. now take the side and fold them one after the other giving you a square shape.
- Roll it in the dry flour and roll it again into a round shape. Do it gently do not apply a lot of pressure.
- Heat the griddle over medium heat, Apply ghee and cook the paratha on both sides half way through.
- You will now see the paratha layers separate and give you pockets.
- Open one Pocket and put the egg mixture.
- Close the Pocket and cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides.(don’t worry if some egg comes out of the paratha you can either eat it like that or remove it before serving.
- Serve Hot.