I was introduced to egg salad sandwich (es), during my stay in the states, and I must say since then I have been hooked, not only were these sandwiches absolutely delicious but also very easy to make. And let’s not forget how refreshing they are compared to the heavy fried chicken sandwiches.The egg salad sandwich (es), are a staple in the american culture , be it picnics, or get togethers or even weekend meals with families, these egg salad sandwich (es) definitely mark their presence.
The egg salad sandwich (es) are mild in flavour and being Indian I always like to add some jalapenos along with few other ingredients for that extra kick.
In my household, we very often make my version of the egg salad sandwich (es) for a light meal with a side of hot soup. I also love to have gherkins which were so easily available in the local indian grocery stores along with somes potato chips 🙂
Do try them out, and make sure you watch my video which also explains the way I boil the eggs to perfection. (i.e. without that dark ring that forms on the outside of the egg yolk)
Step by Step Video for ‘Egg Salad Sandwich’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Authentic Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 6 Eggs (Boiled, and diced)
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Green onion leaves or Chives
- as per your taste Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 10 Bread Slices
Ingredients that you can add
- 2 tbsp Green Capsicum (diced)
- 2 tbsp Onions (diced)
- 2 tbsp Carrot (grated)
- ½ cup Iceberg lettuce
- 2 tbsp Jalapeños
- ½ tbsp Mayonnaise
- Hard Boil the eggs.
- Dice/ shred up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the boiled eggs and keep in a large mixing bowl.
- To the roughly chopped eggs add the mustard, mayonnaise, salt , Black pepper, green onion leaves and mix well. You can also add a ½ tsp of garlic and 1.2 tsp of lime juice. And you got yourself the authentic egg salad sandwich.
- To this you can add the the capsicum, onions, carrots, lettuce, jalapenos, and little more mayonnaise for the veggies. ( I love this version)
- Take a slice of bread without the crust and land a scoop full of this egg salad on it over with the other slice. Cut the sandwich into half and enjoy.
- You can also toast the bread if you like and serve with Potato Chips and Gherkins.
Also Try: Best Egg Breakfast Recipe – Shakshouka
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123