Today I bring you a tex-mex recipe of Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce. I am sure you have had nachos but did you guys know that how this recipe came to life? It’s how you say necessity is the mother of invention and that’s the case of our dish. It was invented by a guy who got customers in his restaurant after closing time, so he just cut up some tortillas added cheese and jalapeños and served them , and guess what they loved it, with word of mouth this dish kept getting more and more attention, and now it’s available in almost all Mexican restaurants and also in quite a few American sports bars and restaurants.
The main ingredients are the Nacho chips and Nacho cheese sauce and then you can add whatever you heart desires as toppings .
Making the homemade Nacho cheese sauce is pretty easy job and you can serve it up as snack to appetisers in a party or even as a main dish if you add on whole lot of toppings.
You can serve with the following toppings: Onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, refried beans, black beans, salsa, guacamole, green onions, lettuce, shredded meat of your liking and make a loaded nachos dish or super nachos .
Step by Step Video for ‘Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Nachos Cheese Sauce
- 4 slices or 1 cup shredded Cheese ( preferably cheddar)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 ½ tsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Instant Garlic
- pinch Turmeric powder
- as per taste Salt
Ingredients for the toppings
- ¼ cup Onions, diced
- ¼ cup Bell pepper
- ¼ cup Tomatos
- ¼ cup Jalapeño
- Dice up the vegetables and keep aside.
- In a hot pan add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the all purpose flour and mix well.
- Add the milk and once the milk starts to thicken add the shredded cheese. If you are using cheese slices then cut them up in small sizes before you add them to the milk.
- Keep stirring while the cheese melts. Add turmeric powder, instant garlic and little salt. Be careful with the salt as the cheese does have some salt content.
- Once the cheese melts completely turn of the gas and let the homemade Nacho cheese sauce cool downs a bit.
- In a platter put the Nacho chips then add the homemade Nacho cheese sauce generously and then sprinkle on the onions, bell pepper, tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Serve immediately.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123