Weekend breakfast is never complete without hot & fluffy Pancake. Pancakes topped with lots of maple syrup, with a side of scrambled eggs or Hash-browns and some orange juice is the perfect american breakfast that you can make with love and share with your family .This Pancake recipe takes 15 minutes from start to finish to make this so; why make it from the box, which can get really expensive, when you can make it with ingredients that you can find in your own pantry. This can be a special routine on your weekends that kids will be eagerly waiting for.
Step by Step Video for Homemade Pancake Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Whole Milk 1 Cup
All Purpose Flour ( Maida) 1 Cup
Sugar 2 Tablespoon
Baking powder 1 1/2 Tablespoon
Salt 2/3 Teaspoon
Vanilla Essence 1/2 Teaspoon
Butter 1 Tablespoon
Oil 2 Tablespoon
- In a large bowl add the All Purpose Flour (Maida), to this add all the dry ingredients starting with Sugar, Salt and Baking Powder. Mix all these ingredients, and then make a hole in the center for the wet ingredients. ( Some even add cinnamon powder, I personally think it takes away the taste from the original pancakes)
- Add Oil, Milk and Vanilla essence.
- Break a egg in a separate bowl and beat it. Add the beaten egg in with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly buttered griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown them on both sides and serve hot. Use Pancake flipper if you have to avoid breaking pancake during the flipping
Pancakes go best with Maple Syrup, which you can find in most of the speciality stores or order them online. I prefer the American Garden Pancake Syrup.
You can also opt for Jam or jelly with some chopped up fresh fruits and whipped cream.
If any left over batter make sure you Refrigerator it and use within a day.