Gunda pickle is a very tasty Gujarati Pickle, Every gujarati household always has a jar of this pickle although they might have different variations of the recipe. This is my Favorite way of making the Gunda pickle, and have been making it for years and let me tell you it always comes out perfect.
Gunda pickle is a very delicious sour and spicy Gumberry which goes very well, with theplas, rotis, parathas, spicy puris etc. My mom used usually carry thepla and Gunda pickle when we used to travel. Now I do the same, as its a perfect food while traveling.
Unripe mangoes, lemon, green chilis, gunda (cordia) and kerda are commonly used as key ingredients in Gujarati cuisine, and this summer i will be sharing many pickle recipes with you.
Step by Step Video for ‘Gunda Pickle’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make the Gunda Pickle
- 100 gram Gunda /Lasoda /Bhokar /Gum berry
- ½ cup Pickle masala / Achar masala
- ¼ cup Grated raw mango/ Kachi keri
- pinch Asafetida / Hing
- 3 tbsp Oil
Prepping for the Gunda Pickle
- Grate the raw mango and keep it aside in a bowl
- Remove the crowns of the gunda and then using a pestle partially break open the mouth of the gunda, and then using a knife remove the pit. Dip your fingers in the salt so as to make it less sticky.
- Have the pickle masala ready.
Method for making the Gunda Pickle
1)to prepare the Pickle stuffing for Gunda, add the Achar masala and the grated raw mango a Pinch of Asafetida / Hing ase the Achar masala already has a lot of Hing in it. and now add the oil ( warm up the oil oil and then once it comes down to room temperature then add it ) to at this now let’s mix everything in.
2)Once everything is mixed in use you hands to mix and add a little pressure so to help the liquid from the raw mango to ooze out.
3)And now add this stuffing in the Gunda and remove any excess stuffing by pressing the Gunda from the opening and keep it aside in a bowl.
4)Once All the Gunda are ready then take a small Kadai and add oil and then add the stuffed Gundas to the oil and then turn on the flame
5)Gently move the Gundas in the oil so as to cover them with oil and now cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame or until all the sides of the wonders are cooked properly
6) Once the Gundas are cooked then turn off the flame and add the leftover stuffing Gunda masala and mix it just for 30 seconds and then remove it in a bowl to serve.
7)You can serve immediately or you can put it in an airtight container in a refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123