Instant Rava Dosa is the perfect dosa to make at home . Give yourself 30 minutes and you have yourself an amazing tasting dosa. With simple ingredients which you might already in your pantry and easily available in your local market it’s a perfect dish for every occasion.
And when I say Instant I mean it, unlike other dosa batter where you have to soak overnight and then wait for the fermentation process, here you are just mix the dry ingredients and wait for 30 minutes add the rest of the ingredient and you can start cooking the dosa on the griddle.
Don’t believe me what my Instant Rava Dosa recipe video and make sure you try it.
Step by Step Video for ‘Instant Rava Dosa’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Instant Rava Dosa
|Rava / Suji / Semolina||1 cup|
|Rice Flour / Chawal ka aata||¾ cup|
|All Purpose Flour / Maida||¼ cup|
|Fresh Coconut (Pieces)||1 tbsp|
|Jeera / Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Green Chilli (sliced)||2-3|
|Dhanya / Cilantro (chopped)||¼ cup|
|Onions (diced)||½ Medium size|
|Salt||as per your taste|
|Water||2 ¾ cup|
|Ghee / Clarified Butter||1 tbsp|
- Dice / Slice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- In a big mixing bowl add rava, rice flour, all purpose flour and water. Mix well. Keep aside for Half an hour.
- After half an hour add the onions, green chillies, cilantro, cumin seeds, coconut pieces and salt. Mix well.
- Take a large non-stick pan on a medium flame and and apply some clarified butter on the surface, and wait for it to get hot.
- Once hot using a ladle start pouring the batter from a little height.
- Now fill the large holes with the batter. Pour a little oil on the outside of the dosa.
- Once you start seeing the edges getting brown use a sharp edged spatula and make sure that the dosa is not sticking to the pan.
- Now turn the dosa and cook the other side for ½ -1 minute.
- Once cooked using a spatula remove the dosa from the griddle or pan and place it in a plate.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the Rava Dosa Batter
- Serve hot with some Coconut Chutney, Red Chutney and Sambar.