Cook8 -10 min
Instant Semolina / Rava Idli is perfect version of idli’s especially if you have the craving. You don’t need to plan it ahead of time like other idli’s. No need for soaking it for hours and no need for fermentation, just give yourself half an hour and you can enjoy this soft and fluffy instant version of idli.
You can enjoy idlis for breakfast , brunch , lunch or even for dinner.
Step by Step Video for ‘Instant Rava Idli Recipe’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Rava Idli
- 1 ½ cup Rava / Semolina ( Fine Quality)
- ½ cup Dahi / Plain Curd
- 10 grams or two sachets Plain Fruit Salt/ Plain Eno
- 1 tsp or as per your taste Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- ½ tsp Oil
- Blended the Curd.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rava, the blended curd and 1 3/4cups of water. (Check the consistency and if need be, add 1/4 cup if water.)
- Cover it up and keep aside for half an hour
- Now take the idli stand and make sure all the holes are open , if not using a safety pin or toothpick make sure you open the holes of the idli stand.
- Add one drop of oil on each cavity of the idli stand and spread it across the cavity. Keep aside.
- Once half an hour is up add the salt and Fruit salt/ eno and mix well using a hand or egg beater.
- Make sure you mix the batter going in one direction, mix for 1 minute.
- Now take the oiled idli stand and with the help of a ladle pour batter till the cavity is full. Make sure not to overfill or it will overflow and the shape of the idli will change.
- In a pressure cooker add enough water but make sure that it won’t touch the bottom of the last row of the idli stand,( check the video so it’s much more clearer).
- Turn on the flame, wait till the water starts boiling and then place the idli stand.
- Cover the cooker top without Whistle.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- After 8 – 10 minutes turn of the flame and wait for 10-15 seconds before you open the lid.
- Using a fork or knife piece one idli, if the batter sticks to the fork then cover and cook for 1-2 more minutes. If not your idlis are ready.
- Now take a scooper and wet the part which you will be using to remove the idli in cold water. And scoop out the idli’s.
- You can wet the scoop as many or as little as you wish.
- Serve hot with Sambar and coconut chutney.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123