In this fast paced life we are always on a look out for instant yet tasty recipes thats why today we are going to make Instant Rava Vada, they tastes absolutely delicious and are very easy to make.
Step by Step Video for ‘Instant Rava Vada‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make the Instant Rava Vada
- 1 cup Rava/ Suji / Semolina
- ¾ cup Curd / Dahi
- 1” Ginger/ Adrak
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 tbsp Fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dhania/ Cilantro
- 3-4 tbsp Finely diced onion
- 2-3 Curry Leaves or Kadi patta
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp or as per your taste Salt
- for frying Oil
Prepping for the Instant Rava Vada Recipe
1)Dice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
Method for the Instant Rava Vada Recipe
1)in a large mixing bowl add the rava,
2) to that add the curd then the diced up fresh coconut followed by the sliced up green chillies
3) then the finely diced ginger, and onions, and dania and the curry leaves, along with the cumin seeds which is jeera and salt, and mix it all in.
4)Then add very little water and keep mixing it in, the batter should be same like the medu vada batter.
5)Now cover it up and keep it aside for the next 15- 20 minutes.
6)After 15 minutes lets add the baking soda, and vigorously mix it in. And keep aside
7)Now guys in a kadai heat the oil and wait till its ready for frying.
8)dip your hand in the water and then take a small amount of this batter in your hands, and using your other hand’s finger make a hole in it, and we have our vadas ready for frying.
9)and then very carefully drop it in the hot oil,
10)after about 30 seconds o flip the vadas in the oil and cook till both the sides are golden brown in color.
11)Then using a slotted spoon you remove the vadas in a plate and they are ready to serve
Serve them while hot with some chutney