Prep2 min (Prep time) / 1 hour (Rest Time) min
Cook18-10 min (Cook time) / 10 min (Rest Time) min
I know you guys are enjoying my restaurant style recipes, and are you guys making Jeera Rice to go along with it, and are you guys making it the right way? If not , let me show you how to make jeera rice restaurant style at home, so let’s see what you going to need to make jeera rice. Jeera rice is a perfect way to have you dal fry or for that matter any dals or curry or gravy vegetables.
Step by Step Video for ‘Jeera Rice’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Jeera Rice
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 tsp Jeera/ Cumin seeds
- 2 Tej Patta/ Bay leaves
- 1” stick Dalchini / Cinnamon stick
- 1 Badi Elaichi / Black Cardamom
- 2 Dried Red Chilli
- ½ tsp or as per your taste Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ghee / Clarified butter
- 2 cup Water
- 5-6 drops Lime
- 1 tbsp Dhanya / Cilantro
- Wash the rice and soak in water for an hour.
- Drain the soaked rice and keep aside.
- In a pan, make sure you use pan and not cooker, add the clarified butter.
- Once the clarified butter is hot add the Bay leaves, Cinnamon stick, Black Cardamom and the Dried Red Chilli. Cook for 30 seconds, this will help infuse the flavours of the dried spices get mixed with the clarified butter.
- Now add the jeera and wait till you hear them sizzle.
- Once the jeera starts to sizzle add the drained rice and mix it gently with the dried spices. Cook for a minute on low flame or till the time the rice starts sticking to the pan. You can add the salt at this time.
- Now add the water, and 5-6 drops of lime juice ( this helps in getting the rice from not sticking to each other) mix well.
- Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes on low flame. Do check it 1-2 minutes before so you know how much water is remaining in the pan.Accordingly you can cook for more time.
- Once the water is evaporated it’s time to remove the Bay leaves, Cinnamon stick, Black Cardamom and the Dried Red Chillies ( I sometimes keep the red chillies in with the rice).
- Sprinkle some freshly cut coriander / cilantro leaves and cover the pan and let it sit for 10 minutes. Make sure you have turned of the flame.
- After 10 minutes very gently mix the rice and remove in a serving bowl or you can directly add them in the plate. Enjoy it hot with some dal or any gravy dishes.