Kanda Poha is a traditional maharashtrian dish, usually served for breakfast or even as snack and served with Masala chai, and loved by all of India.
It’s a simple dish consisting of flattened rice with onions and peanuts.
Step by Step Video for ‘Kanda Poha Recipe’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Kanda Poha
- 1 ½ cup Poha / Flattened rice
- 1 large Onions
- ¼ cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 5-7 Curry Leaves
- 4 Mild Green chillies
- ¼ tsp Turmeric - Haldi
- ¾ tsp Sugar
- ½ Lime juice
- ½ tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Rai / Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 tsp or as per your taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- pinch Hing / Asafoetida
Ingredients for the Garnishing
- 1 tbsp Sev
- 1 tbsp Freshly grated coconut
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
Prepping for Kanda Poha
- Take the poha in a sieve, and run water through it washing the poha at the same time making it soft.
- If you are using the finer variety then the poha will be soaked really fast, but if you are using the thicker variety then it will take about 45-50 seconds before the poha gets soft.
- Transfer them in a bowl and cover with a plate.
- Chop the onions, refresh the frozen peas( if you are using fresh peas then make sure you boil them till they are cooked)
- Chop the green chillies, and cilantro.
Method for making the for Kanda Poha
- In a Kadhai, add oil and once the oil hot add the peanuts and cook till the time they start to change color.
- Remove the peanuts in a bowl without the oil.
- In the same oil add Mustard and Cumin and once they start sizzling add, Asafoetida curry leaves, green chillies, onions and the peas. Mix well and cook till the time the onions are translucent this should take about two minutes.
- Meanwhile in the bowl to the flattened rice add the sugar, lime juice, salt and turmeric.
- Once the onions are cooked add the flattened rice, along with the cilantro and Clarified butter. mix well.
- Cover it with a lid for two minutes and let it cook on low flame.
- After two minutes, remove the poha in a serving plate. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro, sev and freshly grated coconut.
- Serve hot with Masala chai.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123
0 0 100 0