Step by step method of making Layered Tea.Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured leaves of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub native to Asia. There are many different ways of making tea and today i am going to show you how to make the layered tea also known as biryani tea.
For this recipe I have used the homemade tea masala/ tea spice with is very easy to make at home and does add wonders to the tea.
Step by Step Video for ‘Layered Tea‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Layered Tea
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Tea Powder
- 2 cup / ½ ltr Full Fat Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- pinch Tea masala
- 1 big stem roughly cut (optional) Lemon grass
- 6-7 leaves (optional) Mint leaves
Prepping for the Layered Tea
- In a pot add the milk and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Once the milk starts boiling turn of the flame and remove it from the stove.
- Now it’s time to froth the milk by pouring it another container from a distance and repeat this process 4-5 times or you can even use a hind mixie to create the froth.
- Once the froth is ready keep the milk aside.
Method for making the Layered Tea
- In a pot add water and the tea powder/ tea leaves and a pinch of tea masala.
- Then add Lemongrass and mint leaves (optional) and bring to boil.
- After boiling for 2-3 minutes turn off the flame and pour the tea concoction using a tea strainer in a jar
Method to bring everything together
1.Take two serving glasses and fill it with the sweet milk ¾ of the way.
2.Pour the tea concoction on top of the milk using a spoon.
Tip : make sure the tea concoction is hotter than the milk and you will get the perfect results.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123