Indian Tea, popularly known as Chai, is famous all over the world for its unique taste. Masala Chai (Masala Tea) is the most popular version, and that is what you get when you order a “Special Chai” at any hotels, restaurants and cafeterias across India.
Today I show you how to make this masala chai the right way at home that you can enjoy with your friends and family.
So let’s get busy and make this Special Version Of Masala Chai / Masala Tea/ Spiced Tea .
Step by Step Video for ‘How to make Masala Chai ‘ (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Masala Chai
- 1 tsp Tea Leaves ( Chai ki Patti)
- 1 pinch Tea Spice (Chai Masala)
- 7-8 leaves Lemon Grass ( Hare Chai Ki Patti / Gavati Chaha)
- 7-8 leaves Fresh Mint Leaves (Pudeene Kee Pattiyaan)
- 1 ½ tsp OR as per your taste Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Water
- In a Clean pot add water and keep it on the gas range on a high flame. I use clear Borosil pot as it allows me to see the dance of ingredients. 🙂
- Add the Tea Leaves (do not use green or leaf tea), Lemon Grass, Mint Leaves , Pinch of the Tea Spice (see – How to make Tea Spice at home). If you don’t have this spice mix ready then you can just add Fresh Ginger 1/4 inch and Cardamom ( Ilaayachee) 4 pieces & Sugar.
- Once the water starts boiling add the milk.
- As mix comes to a boil reduce the flame to low for 30 Seconds and then again turn it on high. As soon as the chai start boiling you can turn off the gas.
- Drain on strainer and serve in the cup while hot.
Make sure all the ingredients you use are fresh (or as fresh as possible) and serve with a smile and you will certainly win hearts with this “Special Chai“. 🙂