Malai Paneer is the dish you can totally rely on, when you have vegetarians friends coming over to your house for dinner or lunch. It is bound to be the star of the meal. Its rich look & creamy texture will definitely win you some brownie points with your guests.
This dish was probably the first paneer dish that I learned to make as it was so simple yet looked so elegant that it felt like an expert made it.
Malai Paneer is also very quick to make compared to other dishes, and if you know a day before that you will be making this dish then you can even make the paneer at home using Paneer mould. If not you can always buy Fresh Paneer from any of you local stores.
Try to get a big chunk of Paneer instead of diced ones as I usually prefer to cut up the paneer.
Step by Step Video for ‘Restaurant style Malai Paneer recipe’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
ingredients Restaurant style Malai Paneer recipe
- 150 grams / 1 cup Paneer
- 1 ½ small size or 1 medium size Capsicum/ Bell pepper
- 1 ½ small size or 1 medium size Onions
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 tsp Coriander-Cumin / Dhania-Jeera powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 1 tsp Sugar
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Cut paneer into one and a half inch by one inch sized rectangular pieces.
- Slice the Onions and Capsicum.
- Blanch the tomatoes and once cool remove the skin, make puree.
- Heat up a kadhai or pot, add oil and Hing.
- Once the Hing crackles add the sliced onions.
- Let them cook halfway then add the ginger garlic paste and the sliced capsicum. Once the capsicum is also cooked halfway add the tomato puree.
- Tomato puree takes longer to cook so cover your kadhai with a lid or else your gravy can start sticking to the bottom. You can also add a little hot water if you feel that the gravy is too thick.
- Add the dry spices starting with Haldi, Dhania Jeera powder, Red chilli powder, Garam masala. Mix well
- Add Salt and half of the cream. Mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes along with the rest of the cream and cook for 1 minute
- Then add the sugar cook it till the time the sugar melts.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with some fresh cream.
- Serve hot with parathas or roti.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123