Prep7-8 hours (stand by time) min
Cook15 minutes (making time) 8-9 hours (stand by time) min
Did you know you can make eggless Mango Ice Cream at home without the use of ice cream machine and without eggs? The answer to that is of course you can, and it’s so easy and so delicious that you and your family will not be able to have enough. Every year during summers when mangoes are in season, I always make lots of mango based recipes, and one of my family’s favorites is the Mango Icecream. I usually make quite a bit and store it so that my family can enjoy this ice cream even when the mango season runs out.
Now you might say why make it at home when we can buy it from the stores. To that I can simply say two things one is of course the pleasure of serving your family homemade ice cream is nothing like store bought ice cream. The smile the pride and the love this homemade ice cream will bring to you is definitely worth the effort.
Also you know you are eating real mango ice cream unlike store bough which could mostly be all colour and essence.
So what are you waiting for let’s make this mango ice cream together, and surprise our families 🙂
Step by Step Video for ‘Mango Ice Cream’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Mango Ice Cream
- 250 ml Fresh Cream
- 200 ml Condensed milk
- 3 Mangoes
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
Prepping for Mango Ice Cream
- Take the fresh cream tetra pack( I am using amul fresh cream) and keep in upright position overnight in the fridge.
- Without shaking it slit the box from the top, and keep in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mangoes and remove the skin.
Method for Mango Ice Cream
- Without shaking the fresh cream remove it from the freezer and gently remove the cream from the top in a whipping bowl. Remember not to go till the bottom of the container.
- When you start seeing liquid cream, stop and store that liquid cream again in the refrigerator for using for other recipes such as Malai Paneer or Methi Mattar Malai.
- Using a hand mixer / Beater , whip the cream, this should take about 5 minutes. If it’s very hot day, i usually store my blades and the whipping bowl in the freezer as well. I also use a bottom bowl filled with ice and keep the whipping bowl on top of the ice so the cream remains cool.
- Once your whipped cream is ready, add the vanilla essence and condensed milk mix well.
- Store the whipped cream mix in the freezer for 10- 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile take the 2 ½ mangoes, and cut it into large chunks and add it in the blender. Make puree
- Take half of the mango and make cubes and keep them aside.
- Take the mango puree and add it to the whipped cream mix and blend well.
- Add the mango cubes and mix them in gently.
- Pour into a airtight container and garnish with the cubed mangoes and freeze for 8-9 hours.
- Using a ice cream scooper remove the ice cream and serve chilled.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123