Matar Paneer is a vegetarian dish and is loved by all and ordered very often in restaurants. Matar panner is a north Indian dish and is made in a tomato and onion base gravy.
In this recipe I have added curd, cashews and fresh cream to make it shahi Matar Panner, which is a step up from the Regular matar Panner.
Step by Step Video for ‘Matar Paneer’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Matar Paneer
- 200 grams Paneer cubes
- 1 cup Peas (Boiled)
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Curd
- ½ tsp Jeera/ Cumin
- 6 cloves Garlic
- ½ “ Ginger
- 1” Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 6 Cashews
- 1 tsp Cumin coriander powder/ Dhania jeera powder
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric/ haldi
- ¾ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 tbsp Dried fenugreek leaves/ Kasuri methi
- 2 Green Chilies
- ¼ cup Cilantro / dhania
- as per your taste Salt
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
Prepping for the Matar Paneer
- Slice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- Cube the paneer into bite size pieces and keep aside.
- Boil the peas. If you are using frozen peas refresh them in hot water for 2 minutes.
Method for making Matar Paneer
- In a Kadai, add about 2 tbsp Oil, and once the oil is hot add the roughly chopped garlic and ginger. Cook for 15- 30 seconds.
- Now add the roughly sliced onions, cashews and roughly chopped green chillies.
- Cook till the onions start changing color which should take about 3-4 minutes.
- On the onions are fully cooked add the roughly sliced tomatoes and and about ½ tsp of salt just enough for the onions and tomatoes.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Once the tomatoes are fully cooked turn off the flame and wait till the time it comes down to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature add it to the blender and make a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- In the same kadai add 2 tsp of oil , and once the oil is hot, add cloves and the cinnamon stick, and cook for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds add the jeera and once the jeera starts sizzling add the turmeric powder and the kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Immediately add the Onion and Tomato paste and cook it for 5 minutes or until the oil starts to separate.
- Now add the curd and the boiled peas and mix well.
- Add the coriander cumin powder, dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, along with cubed paneer and cilantro and mix well,
- Now add the fresh cream and warm water and mix well and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes mix the matar paneer and serve hot with garlic naan.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123