Mayo Cream Cheese Sandwiches are simple and delicious. I added some crunchy cucumber, carrots, cabbage and some mild spices. These sandwiches are light and refreshing – the perfect afternoon snack. Try these sandwiches for your kids’ lunch box. This super simple sandwich is a hit with almost everyone.
Sandwiches are also called as coleslaw sandwich will and are very popular in the US. other sandwich recipes do check my Egg Salad sandwich recipe or the spinach corn and paneer cheese sandwiches or the Bombay masala toast sandwich
Step by Step Video for ‘Mayo Cream Cheese Sandwiches’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Mayo Cream Cheese Sandwiches
- ¼ cup Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- ¼ cup Carrot / Gajar
- ½ cup Cabbage / Patta gobi
- ¼ cup Cucumber / Kakdi
- ¾ tsp Black pepper / Kalimirch
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp Sugar / chini
- as per your taste Salt
Prepping for the Mayo Cream Cheese Sandwiches
1) Grate the cabbage, carrot and cucumber and finely chop the capcicum and keep aside in a bowl
2) remove the crust of the bread slices
Method for making the Mayo Cream Cheese Sandwiches
1) Add the grated carrot, cabbage, cucumber(Squeeze the cucumber to remove the moisture from it before adding in the bowl) and capsicum in a big mixing bowl.
2 )Add the black pepper powder,Sugar And salt be careful with the amount of salt that you add as the mayonnaise and cream cheese already has some salt content in it.
3) now add the cream cheese as well as the Mayonnaise and give it a good mix. and keep aside
4) On one slide of the bread apply this Mayo Cream Cheese stuffing and cover it up with the other slice.You can always love the sandwich as it is or you can bring it on a griddle or in a toastie.
5) so if you are grilling on a griddle apply a little bit of butter on both sides and grill chill both sides are Golden in colour and then slice it in the centre and serve with some tomato sauce or ketchup.