Nimbu Masala Soda also known as Banta, Batli Soda, Goti Soda (Goti means small marble ball). Some know it as Goli Soda, others call it heaven in a bottle especially when they have been traveling in the scorching roads of Delhi. Nimbu Masala Soda is an carbonated lemon flavored soft drink. It is very popular in India. Even it is popular across North India and especially the capital Delhi. In fact, it is known as “Delhi’s Local Drink”, Nimbu (Lemon) soda or Kanchay Waali Drink.
The drink is often sold mixed with lemon juice, crushed ice, chaat masala and kala namak (black salt) as a carbonated variant of popular lemonades Shikanjvi or Jal-Jeera. It is available at street-sellers known as Bantawala.
If you are grown up in India, then I am sure that you have been taken baraf Ka Gola, Pani Puri, street food, etc…and Nimbu Masala Soda is one of them. And it is also easily available on each and every corner, street of India.
Step by Step Video for ‘Nimbu Masala Soda’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Nimbu Masala Soda
- 1 Nimbu Lime juice / Nimbu ras
- ½ cup Sugar / Sakar
- ½ cup Water for the sugar syrup
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder / Kali mirch powder
- 1 tsp Black salt / kala namak
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 bottle Soda
- 4-5 tbsp Ice
Prepping for Nimbu Masala Soda
1)Crush the ice and keep aside in a bowl.
Method of making the Nimbu Masala Soda
- In a pan add ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup water and cook till the sugar completely dissolves in the water.
- Then remove from the flame and keep aside till it comes down to room temperature.
- Once it’s it at room temperature add 6 tsp of the sugar syrup in a glass and store the remaining sugar syrup in a airtight container for use later
- Then add the black pepper powder, juice of 1 lime, black salt, chaat masala and 4-5 spoon full of crushed ice.
- Then cover the glass with a bowl and shake it up.
- Once shaken add the few slices of lime and few leaves of mint ( optional)
- And now add the soda water and stir
- And serve while still chilled.