Everyone has there own way of making an Omelette recipe, but trust me if you want a perfect masala omelette, try out this easy simple recipe and i promise you will not go back.
I always make an Omelette for breakfast or when I feel like a light dinner, and my family loves it.
Step by Step Video for Omelette Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Omelette
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 Onions
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp or as per you taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Butter
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper powder
Prepping for the Omelette Recipe
- Dice up the onions, green chilli and cilantro keep aside in a bowl.
- Break the eggs in a large bowl.
Method for making the Omelette
- In the large bowl, break the eggs and make sure that there are no shells.
- Using a hand whisk, mix the eggs yolk and the egg whites.
- To the whisked eggs add the onions, green chilli, cilantro, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt and black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Now add the water and milk and mix well.
- In a non stick pan add butter, and let the butter melt. Make sure you use a spatula and run the butter covering the surface of the pan. Once the entire pan surface is covered with butter, turn the heat on low.
- Now pour in the egg mix.
- Cover the pan and let the eggs get cooked. This might take 3-4 minutes or until you see the eggs cooked.
- After 3-4 minutes remove the lid and turn off the flame.
- Now take a plate and keep the serving side on top of the pan.
- Take the pan and simply turn it upside down.
- Now use another plate and keep it on top of the omelette cover plate and turn it upside down giving you the side you want to serve.
- Cut in four equal parts and enjoy while hot, with buttered toast.