Paneer Bhurji Step by step recipe along with video.
Paneer Bhurji is such an easy, tasty fulfilling recipe that you can even call it an classic and is very poplar breakfast in North India made from crumbled paneer.
Bhurji means scrambled so in this recipe we are scrambling the Indian cottage and adding veggies and some spices. Eggs can be a substitute and then the dish will become Anda Bhurji / Egg Bhurji.
Step by Step Video for ‘Paneer Bhurji ‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for making Paneer Bhurji
- 200 Grams Malai Paneer / Cottage Cheese
- 3/4 Mild Green Chillies
- ½ tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 cup or 2 medium size Onions Diced
- ½ cup or 1 large Tomatoes
- ½ or ¼ cup Capsicum
- ¼ cup Cilantro / Dhanya
- 1/2 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander / Dhania powder
- ½ tsp Cumin / Jeera powder
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- ½ tsp Pav Bhaji masala
- as per your taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
Prepping for Making Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji
- Dice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
Method for Making Dhaba Style Paneer Bhurji
- In a wok or kadai add the oil, and wait for it to get hot.
- Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds, and wait till they start sizzling
- Once the jeera is sizzling add the onions and the green chillies cook for about 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes add the hand crushed ginger garlic paste. Mix well
- Add the capsicum along with some salt, and wait till the time the onions start to look translucent.
- Now lets add the tomatoes along with all the masalas ( Kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, Turmeric powder, Pav Bhaji Masala and salt) Mix well.
- Now cover it up and cook on low to medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes are fully cooked.
- After 3-4 minutes or once the tomatoes are fully cooked, add the coriander/cilantro along with garam masala. Mix well.
- Take the fresh malai paneer and using your hands crumble it and add it to the kadai. Mix well.
- Now take a little water in your hands and sprinkle on top of the Paneer. This will help making the Paneer even more softer.Mix well
- Cover it up and cook it on low flame for 1 minute.
- After 1 minutes, turn of the flame Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with hot chapati, roti, bread or pav.