Today we are going to make Poha Cutlets, yes that’s right Poha Cutlet, Generally we make Kanda poha or batata poha for breakfast, the same way you can have the Poha Cutlet for breakfast or as an evening snack, or even as a party starter…
The best part about this recipe is that you can give the stuffing the shape that you desire if you wish to give it a heart shape you can call it a cutlet or give it a barrel shape and call it a roll.
Step by Step Video for ‘Poha Cutlet’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Poha Cutlet
- 1 cup Flattened Rice / Poha
- 2 Boiled & Mashed Potato medium size
- 1 Chopped Onion / Pyaz small
- 2 tbsp Boiled Peas / Matar
- 1 tsp Ginger chilli paste / Adrak Mirchi Paste
- 1 tbsp Cilantro / Fresh Dhanya
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Cumin powder / Dhania Jeera powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1 tsp Dried Mango powder / Amchur
- 1 tsp Chat masala
- as per your taste Salt
- for frying Oil
Prepping for making the Poha Cutlet / Poha Roll
- Boil and mash the Potatoes
- Finely chop the Onions
- Boil and drain the Peas
Method for making the Poha Cutlet / Poha Roll
- Add the Flattened Rice / Poha in a bowl and to that add some water and wash the poha and drain it. Repeat the process twice.
- Make sure by pressing on the poha lightly that all the excess water is removed and remove the poha in a plate and let it dry out further by keeping it out in the open for 2-3 minutes
- After 2-3 minutes add the poha in a bowl along with the chopped onions, the boiled peas, the boiled and mashed potatoes then the Coriander Cumin powder / Dhania Jeera powder, Dried Mango powder / Amchur, Kashmiri Red chilli powder, Cumin seed / Jeera, Ginger chilli paste / Adrak Mirchi Paste, chopped Cilantro / Fresh Dhania and salt and mix well.
- Use your hands and apply a little pressure and it will form into a dough shape.
- Now take a small amount of the dough in ur hands and give it a log shape and make a roll or give it a round shape or heart shape to make a cutlet.
- Once you have shaped the poha cutlets or poha rolls, heat the oil and once the oil it hot deep fry the cutlets / rolls until golden brown from all sides.
- Remove in a plate covered with a paper napkin and serve with some Ketchup, tomato sauce or chutney.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123