This Punjabi Chatpati Green Chutney is my to go chutney, so quick and easy to make and goes with a lot of my dishes, just with a handful of ingredients the taste is dynamite and if you are fond of spicy food then you definitely should make this.
Chutneys as it is add a lot of flavour and taste to any dish, it’s like adding a new dimension and with less efforts you can enrich the flours that you bring to your table.
This chutney is an essential part when i make lachha paratha,or aloo paratha, or gobi paratha or onions paratha or even leftover dal paratha or any pakodas – Aloo Pakoras or Paneer Pakoras or Samosas and many more, but i have to have this chutney when I make these dishes.
I was introduced to this chutney by my Mother in law and since then I have been addicted to it.
I am sure once you make this Punjabi Chatpati Green Chutney there will be no looking back.
Step by Step Video for ‘Punjabi Chatpati Green Chutney’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make the Punjabi Chatpati Green Chutney
- Half a bunch Dhanya / Cilantro
- 1 medium size Onion
- 3-4 Green chilli
- 1 tsp or 1/4 lime Lime juice
- 4-5 Cashwes / Kaju
- 1 tbsp Curd / Dahi
- as per your taste Salt
Prepping for the Punjabi Chatpati Green Chutney
- Take the fresh Dhania / Cilantro (about half a bunch) and wash it thoroughly then drain the water
Method for making the Punjabi Chatpati Green Chutney
- Roughly cut the dhania and add it out blender.
- Along with roughly cut 3 big green chillies,
- Followed by 4-5 cashews.
- lime juice about ½ tsp
- Then let’s add one roughly chopped Medium sized onion
- Followed by the 1 tbsp of curd
- And last but not the least some salt.
- Now blend until it’s smooth.
- Once the chutney is nicley blended time to remove in a bowl and serve with Parathas, pakoras, or some tikkis.
- You can also store this chutney in an airtight container for the next 3-4 days in the refrigerator.