Cook5 (Cook Time) / 10 (Rest Time) min min
Every morning you might be thinking what I should make for breakfast. So today I will make your job easy, here is an great idea – just make the Rava toast. As breakfast is the most important meal of the day you definitely don’t want to skip it and if a breakfast is delicious at the same time stress free all the more reason you can sit back and enjoy a good start of the day.
Rava (Semolina) toast is pretty easy to make even if you are a beginner in the kitchen. I remember when my mom used to make this dish when I was young, She would also sometimes give it to me in my lunchbox to school and I used to think wow this is amazing, and wonder how difficult it must be to make such a tasty dish, and when I asked my mom she said it’s probably one of the easiest dishes to make.
So while living abroad, and missing out on my mom’s cooking I thought I should give rava toast a try. Once I got the recipe on how to make suji toast I thought “ Cool, I can surely make it”
So I gave it a try and Voila, it came out perfect. I just could not stop helping myself to these amazing easy rava toast recipe, and they became a regular in my menu.
For Rava toast you require very few basic ingredients which you will easily find it in your pantry or in your local grocery store. Some like to add cream instead of curd, I personally prefer it with curd with some added spices and you have made your family a new dish which is sure to win many hearts.
Step by Step Video for ‘Rava Toast‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Rava Toast
- 4-5 Bread Slices
- ½ cup Rava/Suji/Semolina
- 2 tbsp Curd or Cream
- ¼ Cup Capsicum, diced
- ¼ cup Onions,diced
- ¼ cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Green Chilli, diced
- 1 Tbsp Dhania/Cilantro
- ¼ tsp Red chilli powder
- pinch Turmeric/ haldi
- 1tsp Sugar
- as per your taste Salt
- Dice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the rava and curd, mix well. Add water if required. The batter needs to be thick, but soft. If it becomes runny then add a little more rava. Once you have reached the right consistency, keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 5-10 minutes , add sugar, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, green chillies, dhania leaves, half of the diced up vegetables( tomatoes, capsicum and onion). Mix well.
- Take this mix and spread it on a slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the other half of vegetables on top. Press them lightly so they don’t fall off the bread .
- Add some small pieces of butter on top.
- On a hot griddle place the rava batter side face down. Cook till the time the batter turn golden in color.
- Apply a little butter on the plain side of the bread, and cook till it turns golden in color as well.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the bread slices.
- Serve hot with some chutney or ketchup.