Sev Batata Dahi Puri, also known as spdp is delicious chat which is must have if you are in mumbai. Its sweet, sour, tangy, spicy and crispy chaat with the cooling effect with the curd and with so many flavours it’s not a surprise when the taste is bursting in your mouth. But if you are not living in mumbai then why should you miss out on such a delicious chaat recipe.
So today I am going to show you how to make the famous SPDP/ Sev Batata Dahi Puri chaat mumbai style along with the sweet & spicy chutney for chaat.
Sev Batata Dahi Puri is also known as “dahi sev batata puri” or “Dahi Sev Puri”
Step by Step Video for ‘Sev Batata Dahi Puri’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Spicy Green Chutney for chaat
|Cilantro / Dhania||1 1/2 cup|
|Mint leaves / Pudina||¼ cup|
|Lime juice||of ½ lime|
|GInger / Adrak||1”|
|Roasted Bengal gram/ Roasted Chana Dal||1 tbsp|
|Garlic / Lasun cloves||4 to 5|
|Cumin seed / Jeera||½ tsp|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Ingredients for the Sweet Chutney
|Dates / Khajur||1 cup|
|Jaggery / Gug||¼ cup|
|Tamarind / Imli||1 tbsp|
|Coriander cumin powder/ Dhania jeera powder||½ tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder / Haldi||⅛ tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder / roasted jeera powder||¼ tsp|
|Salt||pinch / as per taste|
Ingredients for the Main Stuffing
|Boiled Potato / Ubla hua Aloo||1 ½|
|Green gram / Ubla hua Hara moong||¼ cup|
|Roasted cumin powder / Bhuna hua jeera powder||¼ tsp|
|Kashmiri red chilli powder||¼ tsp|
|Dahi / Curd / Plain yogurt||1 cup|
|Chopped Onion||¼ cup|
|Cilantro / Fresh Dhania||¼ cup|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Prepping for the Sev Batata Dahi Puri
- Wash and drain the Cilantro / Dhania and the Mint leaves / Pudina.
- Soak the Tamarind/ Imli in water for half an hour.
- Boil and roughly mash the potatoes, boil the Green gram / Ubla hua Hara moong, And chop the onions.
- Add a little bit of salt to the Curd and mix well.
Method for making the Sweet Chutney for Chaat
- In a Kadai, Pan add the soaked Tamarind / Imli along with the water and dates and the jaggery and add about one cup of water, and bring it to boil for the next 15 to 20 minutes on a medium film on until everything becomes soft.
- After 20 minutes wait for the mix to come down temperature.
- Once cool, add it to the sieve and run the spoon so everything goes through finely. (If it’s still hard then add a little more water and boil it for 5-10 more minutes.
- Once you have the smooth chatni run through the sieve then add Kashmiri red powder, Turmeric / Haldi, Coriander cumin powder / Dhania jeera powder, Roasted Cumin powder / Jeera powder and salt and mix well.
Method for making the Main Stuffing
- In a bowl add the Boiled and mashed potatoes, followed by the boiled the Green gram / Ubla hua Hara moong, Roasted jeera powder/ Bhuna hua jeera powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and mix well.
Method to bring Everything Together
- In a plate, arrange the prius or golgappa, the amount of puris are up to you.
- break the puris from the center so u make space for the stuffing and the Chutneyes
- Stuff the Main stuffing of potatoes.
- Then add the Spicy Green Chutney as much as you want, i would recommend to add ½ tsp in each puri
- Then add the Sweet Chutney i would recommend 1 tsp for each puri
- Then add the onions followed by the curd 1 tbsp for each puri
- Then sprinkle some Kashmiri red chilli powder, Roasted cumin powder, Cilantro / Fresh Dhania and then the Sev.
Serve and enjoy Immediately as if you wait longer then the Sev Batata Dahi Puri will get soggy.