Sev Tomato Ki Sabji Recipe with step by step explanation.
Here is a quick and easy gujarati recipe of sev Tomato Ki Sabji, It’s basically spicy , sweet and tangy tomato curry topped with crispy sev.
Being a gujrathi grew up eating Sev Tomato Ki Sabji or as we gujjus call it sev tameta nu shaak and found is so hassle free and full of flavours, and especially these days when lives are so busy and if during such a busy day you find out that you are out of vegetables then you can always make this and save the day.
I hope you also enjoy this recipe as much as i do.
Step by Step Video for ” Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Sev Tomato Ki Sabji Recipe
- 2 Tomatoes
- ⅔ cup Sev
- ¼ tsp Haldi / Turmeric
- 1 tsp Dhania jeera powder / Coriander cumin powder
- 11/2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Gud/ jaggery
- ¼ tsp Rai / mustard seeds
- 1 clove Lasun paste / Garlic mashed
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 ½ cup Water
- as per your taste Salt
Prepping for the Sev Tomato Ki Sabji
1)Cut the tomatoes in rough pieces.
2) Mash the garlic
Method for the Sev Tomato Ki Sabji
1)In a kadai add the oil and once hot add the mustard seeds.
2) and once it starts to sizzle add the roughly chopped tomatoes and salt and stir it well.
3)Once mixed add the turmeric which is haldi and mix well again.
4)Then add the mashed garlic and coriander cumin powder along with the kashmiri red chili powder and mix again.
5)Then add the jaggery and water and mix it again.
6)The reason you need to keep stirring it in intervals is cause you don’t want the tomatoes to sit and burn at the bottom of the kadi.
7) now turn the flame on low and cook the tomatoes for 5 – 6 minutes
8)After 5-6 minutes the tomatoes are nicely cooked and now to this add the sev and cook for just for 1 minute.
9)After 1 minutes the dish is ready so remove it in a serving bowl and you can have it with bhakri or roti
10) If you plan to serve this after some time then make sure that you add the sev only 1 minute before you are ready to serve.