Spaghetti aglio e olio Aka Garlic Pasta is my to go recipe for quick dinners on a busy weekday. It is so simple to make that even a beginner cook can make it with ease, there’s hardly any prepping required and the end result is always a big smile on everyone’s face.
Spaghetti aglio e olio means pasta infused with oil and garlic. So always use a good quality oil. I always use extra virgin olive oil and if I know in the morning that I am going to make this dish then I add the garlic to the extra virgin olive oil in the mornings itself and let it sit in the oil for few hours.
Spaghetti aglio e olio is a traditional italian pasta dish which originated from the Naples, and its probably the most basic of the pasta dishes which is loved by my entire family.
Step by Step Video for ‘Spaghetti aglio e olio’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Spaghetti aglio e olio
- 250 grams Spaghetti
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10-12 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts / Chilgoza
- 1 tbsp Walnuts
- 1 tbsp or as per your taste Red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Italian mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp Cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup Parsley
- As per your taste Salt
- Thinly Slice the Garlic, chop the parsley, and break the walnuts into smaller pieces.
- In a large pot boil the water, add enough salt in it so the water tastes like sea water.
- Add the spaghetti and cook as per the instructions on the box while stirring occasionally. Once the spaghetti is cooked as per your liking drain the water and put it in the same pot.(Do not run the spaghetti under cold water, you will ruin the taste if you do that)
- Meanwhile , in a saute pan without turning on the flame add the olive oil and garlic.
- Then turn on the flame on low, and cook for about two minutes, now add the pine nuts and cook it again for a minute or two, or till the time you feel the garlic is almost cooked.
- Add the walnuts and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the chilli flakes and the italian herbs and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour this mix on top of the spaghetti along with chopped up parsley. Mix well so that the oil covers every piece of the pasta . Add salt if required.
- Serve hot with some grated cheese(optional).
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123