If you like spicy food and love garlic then you will definitely love this Spicy Garlic Chutney. It’s spicy tangy and very very Garlicky I love it very much and I usually make enough and store it in the fridge and it has a very long shelf life as well. I usually add it to the curries or vegetables or noodles or even just as a side like an achar with a roti or chapati. I also love to eat this Spicy Garlic Chutney with dosa and idlis or even appes.
So do definitely try the Spicy Garlic Chutney and let me know how it turns out.
Step by Step Video for ‘Garlic Chutney’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Spicy Garlic Chutney
- 5 Kashmiri Red chilli
- ½ cup Garlic / lasun
- 1 tbsp Chopped Cilantro / fresh Dhania
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 7 to 8 Curry leaves / Kadi patta
- ¼ tsp Mustard seed / Rai
- 1 tsp Cumin seed / Jeera
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- as per your taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
Prepping for the Spicy Garlic Chutney
1) Deseeds the Kashmiri dried chillies and soak them in water for two hour.
2) peel the garlic, chop the Ginger and the Dhaniya / cilantro and tear the curry leaves into two – three parts per leaf
Method for making the Spicy Garlic Chutney
1)In a Kadai add one and half tablespoon of oil and once the oil is hot then add the garlic And cook it on low flame for 1 minute.
2) Once the garlic turns a little golden brown in colour then add the Ginger pieces and mix it in.
3)After 30 seconds add the cumin seeds which is Jeera and once they start to sizzle then aaa the soaked Kashmiri dried Chillies make sure not to add the water.Cook for a minute
4) After a minute add the cilantro which is Dhaniya and mix that in as well.
5) Once the cilantro is mix in then turn off the flame and transfer the mixture into a blender.
6) blend the mixture only once it’s at room temperature And one blended keep it aside
7) in the same kadai add one and a half tablespoon of oil and once its hot add the Mustard seeds and once they start to sizzle add the cumin seeds and then the curry leaves.
8)And now add the blended chilli garlic paste and mix it in
9) Once mixed add the hing and the salt and mix it all in
10) if your chutney is sticking to the Kadai then add about 2 tablespoons of water, this will help remove the sticking chutney from the kadai and cook for a minute or until you start seeing the oil oozing out.
11) Once the chutney is ready you can remove it in a bowl and serve immediately or you can store it in a air tight container once it comes down to room temperature and store it in the refrigerator for 10-15 days.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123