This recipe is inspired by famous tea shop in Pune (Chai La Pune), Tandoori chai is unique variety of Indian tea. In this recipe tea is prepared in usual Indian way, after that a clay pot is heated(usually in Tandoor) and prepared tea is poured in the clay pot so that it absorbs flavors of the hot clay pot.
You must have heard of tandoori roti or tandoori chicken but in Pune “Chai La” named restaurant Tandoori tea is found. This tea of Tandoori Smoke Flavors, which is only available in 20 rupees, has made people crazy in a short time. The 29-year-old B.Sc. graduate Amul Dilip Rajdev, resident of Pune and his cousin, Pramod Bankar, has inaugurated this special tea. This tea chain, which was popular in just two months, is planning to open it in 13 states of the country.
Step by Step Video for ‘Tandoori Chai’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make the Tandoori Chai
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Tea leaves
- - 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Grass
- 1 tbsp Mint leaves
- 2 pinch Tea Spice / Chai masala
Prepping for Tandoor Chai
- Place the clay pot on a flame and heat it up for the next 10 minutes on a medium flame.
Method of making the Tandoor Chai
- Prepare the tea by boiling the water and adding sugar, tea leaves, lemon grass, mint leaves, tea masala and once the water is boiling add the milk and boil for 2 more minutes.
- Then using a tea strainer remove the tea in a glass jar.
- Now carefully using tongs place the clay pot in a deep pot/ vessel, and start pouring the hot tea in it. You will start seeing that the tea is bubbling in the clay pot and oozing out.
- This process is going to give the tea a very unique earthy flavour and give a smoky taste.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123