Prep10 (Prep time) / 7-8 hours (Rest Time) min
You have never made Thandai at home??
Why is that ??
do you think it’s too complicated ??
if Yes , then let me put your minds at ease, and tell you, that it is actually very simple. Just follow the simple steps from my recipe video and I am sure you will keep making this very regularly especially during the hot summer day.
Thandai is also a very popular during the holi festival so do make this cool & refreshing drink for your friends and family while you enjoy your holi with them.
Step by Step Video for ‘Thandai’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Thandai
- 20 pcs Almonds / Badam
- 20 pcs Pistachios / Pista
- 2 tbsp Watermelon / Tarbooj / Kalingad Seeds
- 2 tbsp Muskmelon / Kharbooja Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp Black Pepper / Kali Miri
- 1 ½ tbsp Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus
- 1 ½ tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 6-8 Cardamom / Elaichi
- 300 grams or 1 cup Sugar
- 150 ml or ½ cup Water
- as per your taste Cold Milk
Prepping for the Thandai
- Soak the almonds and the pistachios over night or for 6-7 hrs in water.
- In the morning or after 6-7 hrs remove the skin, and keep aside.
- Dry roast the watermelon seeds, the muskmelon seeds, black pepper, poppy seeds, fennel seeds.
- Remove the cardamom seeds by peeling of the skin and dry roast the seeds as well.
- Let the Dry roast of this spice mix come down to room temperature.
- Once the Spice Mix is at room temperature add it to a mixer grinder and make fine powder. Keep your spice mix powder aside in a bowl.
- In the same blender add the almonds and the pistachios with little water and blend well. Make fine paste.
- Remove the paste in a bowl and keep aside.
Method for making the Thandai
- In a wok or pan add the sugar and water and boil the water until the sugar melts and becomes one with the water.
- Once the sugar syrup is ready and boiling, add the spice mix powder, and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and keep stirring the spice mix powder in the sugar syrup for a minute or two or until there are no lumps.
- Now add the almonds and pistachios paste and mix well.
- After all the ingredients are well mixed in, let this thandai syrup come down to room temperature. This might take 10 minutes.
- Once the Thandai syrup is cooled down, you can if you wish for a finer syrup run this entire syrup through a blender or use ti as it is.
- Now take a serving glass add the thandai syrup 3-4 teaspoon along with chilled milk.
- Mix well and drink while its cold.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123