Cook3 (Cook Time) / 12 (Rest Time) min
Those of you are in a hurry but also don’t want to compromise on serving your family with healthy and delicious food this Instant rava uttapam recipe is for you.
It tastes really good and the bonus is that this Uttapam recipe is also very quick to make, there is no grinding or fermentation required just soak it for 15-20 mins and you are set. The best part of these instant rava uttapams is that even after they have cooled down they remain soft and thus a perfect dish for lunch boxes or tiffin boxes.
These uttapams can be made plain or you can mix any vegetables of your choice to make it more healthy.
Step by Step Video for ‘Instant Rava Uttapam Recipe’ (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Do try out this instant rava uttapam recipe and I am sure it will become an instant hit in your family.
ingredients for Instant Rava Uttapam
- 1 cup Fine Rava/ sooji/ semolina
- 1/4 cup Carrot, Grated
- 1/4 cup French beans/Green Beans, diced
- 1/4 Cup Tomato , Diced
- 1/4 cup Onion, Diced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 2.5 gm / half sachet Fruit Salt / Eno
- to taste Salt
- In a large Bowl Take Rava, curd and water and mix well. Keep Aside for 10-15 Mins
- Chop up the onions, tomatoes , green beans, and carrots. Keep aside.
- After 15 Mins add ginger chilli paste, salt , green beans, carrots, tomatoes, and onions. Mix well. Add more water to the batter to make it at pouring consistency.
- In a tempering bowl, add some vegetable oil and heat.
- Add mustard seeds and once they start popping add curry leaves.
- Add this tempering mix to the batter. Mix well.
- Add the fruit salt and mix it briskly till you get the cottony texture.
- Heat a non-stick Tawa or Griddle over medium flame. Apply oil on the surface.
- When the Tawa is medium hot, reduce flame to low and pour a ladle full batter and spread it into a circle.
- Drizzle some oil around the edges of the uttapam.
- Cook until the color of top surface changes from white to off white and bottom side turns light brown for about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip it gently and cook on the other side.
- Flip it again and cook for 20-30 seconds and transfer it to a plate.
- Serve with coriander coconut chutney.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123