Hakka noodles is a popular indo chinese dish that all age people enjoy to the fullest in india. Hakka Noodles is very popular in restaurants and also as street side food, but is rarely made at home, as the common complain is that it never tastes like restaurant or street side.
So here i bring you the recipe of Veg Hakka Noodles restaurant style. Just follow the steps and the tips and i am sure you will make this dish a regular favorite in your kitchen.
Step by Step Video for ‘Veg Hakka Noodles’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Hakka Noodles
- ½ cup Onion
- ½ cup Capsicum
- ¼ cup Carrot
- ¼ cup Cabbage
- ¼ cup Green Onions bulbs
- ¼ cup Green Onions greens
- 1 ½ tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Green Chilli Sauce
- ¼ tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tbsp Black / white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Chinese Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 ½ tbsp or as per your choice Salt
Prepping for the Hakka Noodles
- Chop up (Julienne) the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
Method for making the Hakka Noodles
- In a big wok add some water for boiling, once this water starts boiling add the noodles, these noodles don’t take long to cook and are ready within 4-5 minutes. (Don’t over cook them)
- Sometimes the ends of these noodles stick together so make sure to separate the ends out
- Once the noodles are cooked you drain the water and run cold water over it.
- Take a little bit of oil in your hand and apply to the noodles so that they don’t stick to each other and keep it aside for a bit.
- Now in a big wok add some oil and once oil is hot add the ginger and garlic paste and stir it around for 30-40 seconds
- Now add the onions the green onions bulbs and the carrots Mix well and cook for next 2 to 3 minutes
- After 2 minutes add the rest of the vegetables, starting with cabbage , capsicum and green onions, Mix well all cook for the next minute.
- It’s time for us to add some Flavour to our vegetables
- So now we add salt ,black pepper, Chinese seasoning, vinegar, Green Chili sauce, tomato sauce and the soya sauce. mix well.
- Add the noodles little at a time and then very gently mix well, if you need you can use 2 spatulas and mix very gently.
- Once the noodles are coated with the sauces and vegetables it’s time to turn off the flame and serve.
- Garnish with some Green onions along with some Veg Manchurian.
1. Don’t over cook the noodles, let them be 90% done
- Whenever you are making Chinese food you have to take big vessels make it in the biggest vessel that you have in your house.
- Chinese food you should always cook it on high flame.
- Don’t overcook the Vegetables, let them be 80% done.
Links to Buy Products Mentioned in this Post:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/someth21/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes-child/single-recipe.php on line 123