Eating a healthy salad once or twice a week is essential to balance out the oily and spicy food that we eat all week long. Not to mention the fast food, and the restaurant food that we consume. It’s not that we don’t want to eat healthy food, but our fast-paced life forces us to raid the restaurants and fast food joints. We also feel that healthy food is tasteless, bland food which tastes like cardboard. Most people avoid healthy salads as they feel that their stomach is going to start procrastinating in an hour and then they will start binge eating whatever is available, killing the whole mojo of healthy eating.
But what all of the above issues could just vanish and you could make a salad at home which is very easy to make, with ingredients which are easily available, a salad which will fill your stomach and no hunger pangs for hours, at the same time is delicious. Yes, that is possible just follow my recipe of the vegetarian healthy salad – Couscous salad, and bring a balance in your week. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner. And you can even store it in the fridge for a day or two.
And if you are a non vegetarian, just add your choice of boiled meat.
Don’t miss out on the video as it’s so colorful and inviting that I am sure once you look you will want to make it right away
Step by Step Video for ‘Vegetarian Healthy salad’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make the Healthy Vegetable salad
|Dalia / Broken wheat||1 cup|
|Green Capsicum / Bell pepper||1/2|
|Red Capsicum / Bell pepper||1/2|
|Yellow Capsicum / Bell pepper||1/2|
|Boiled Corn||½ cup|
|Boiled Chickpeas / Chole||½ cup|
Ingredients for the Salad Dressing
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Olive oil||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper||½ tsp|
Prepping for the Vegetarian Healthy Salad
- Dice up the vegetables into bite size pieces keep aside in a bowl.
- Boil the corn. And Pressure cook the Chole until soft.
- Rinse the Dalia and keep aside for half an hour
Method for making the Salad Dressing
- Squeeze out 2-3 lime juice in a bowl, add salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
Method for making the Vegetarian Healthy Salad
- In a vessel boil 2 cups of water and then add the dalia, turn the flame on medium cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the dalia is fully cooked and soft to touch. Make sure you keep a little vent for the steam to escape.
- Once the dalia is cooked mix it with a fork.
- Turn of the flame and cover the let it sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the lid and let it come down to room temperature this should take around 30- 40 minutes
- Once the dalia is at room temperature add all the chopped vegetables, boiled corn & cooked chole.
- Add the Prepared Salad Dressing and mix well.
- Serve this salad chilled. This salad can last in the fridge for a day or two and tastes best when chilled.