Chocolate Cake in 2 minutes, is this for real, is what you must be thinking as when you hear two minutes you always think of Maggi / instant noodles, as rest all stuff always takes forever to make… but what if i told you can make this Chocolate Cake in just 2 minutes… would u be interested? …. i am sure you would be…..so now no more excuse make this eggless Chocolate Cake in two minutes and make you kids happy. Its eggless and you don’t even need an oven.
for other cake recipes do check out my ParleG cake recipe or my Multi Grain Cooker Cake Recipe.
Step by Step Video for ‘Chocolate Cake’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Chocolate cake
|Maida/ All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Dahi/ curd/ Yogurt||½ cup|
|Oil/ Ghee / Butter||½ cup|
|Unsweetened Cocoa powder||3 tbsp|
|Powdered sugar||⅔rd cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Salt||pinch of salt|
Prepping for the Chocolate Cake
- Run all the dry ingredients through a sieve – So first add the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. The lightly tap the sieve.
- Once all the ingredients are run through the sieve and collected in a bowl do not mix it or else the process of aeration will be defeated. And now keep it aside.
Method of making the Chocolate Cake
- Now in a bigger bowl add the oil and the curd and mix it well for the next 2-3 minutes.u can use a balloon whisk.
- Once mixed add the dry ingredients little at a time to the curd and oil and mix it will.
- Once the dry ingredients are completely mixed in with the oil and the curd then add a little milk at a time till you get a pouring consistency. You will need approximately a ½ cup of milk
- Then add and mix the vanilla essence.
- To a lightly greased appam / appe pan add the cake batter.
- Once all the cavities are full tap it lightly on the counter 3-4 times so as to let the air escape.
- And then put the appam pan on the flame which should be low and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- After two minutes turn off the flame and flip the cakes and cover and cook for 5-10 seconds.
- After 5-10 seconds take a took pick and peirce one of the cakes and if it comes out easily that means the cakes are ready.
- So add some sprinkles and if you want to make it even more fancier than add some whipped cream on top.