Easy homemade tasty Achar Ka Masala, Pickle Masala for aam pickle, nimbu pickle , mirch pickle, all kinds of pickle. You can also add this masala to your vegetables and curries. If you are making sprouts salad add a pinch of this masala and your boring bland salad will start chatpata.
If you follow my recipe and my tips this Achar Ka Masala, Pickle Masala will last you for a year.
If you do like this recipe I am sure you will love my Chunda recipe so do check it out.
Step by Step Video for ‘Achar Ka Masala, Pickle Masala’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Achar Ka Masala, Pickle Masala
|Split & dehusked Mustard seed /Rai dal / Rai na kuria||1 ½ cup|
|Split & dehusked Fenugreek seed /Methi dal / Methi na kuria||1 ½ cup|
|Kashmiri Red chilli powder||4 cup|
|Asafetida / Hing||2 tbsp|
Prepping for the Achar Ka Masala, Pickle Masala
- Keep the Split & dehusked Mustard seed /Rai dal / Rai na kuria and the Split & dehusked Fenugreek seed /Methi dal / Methi na kuria in the sunlight for 2 -3 hours so its gets sun baked. (this will help the masala last longer)
- Now in a Kadai at the salt and dry roast the salt in the time all the moisture from the salt evaporate it should take about 3 to 4 minutes on low flame.
- you will be able to tell that the salt in 3 of moisture once it becomes very light. then keep it aside for it to come down to room temperature
- now in a another Kadai heat the oil and then turn off the flame and wait for the oil to come down to room temperature
Method for making the Achar ka masala, pickle Masala
- In a big mixing bowl add the Split & dehusked Mustard seed /Rai dal / Rai na kuria and the Split & dehusked Fenugreek seed /Methi dal / Methi na kuria.
- Followed by the Kashmiri red chilli powder then the asafoetida / Hing and the room temperature salt and now using a spatula mix everything in.
- once mixed, start adding little oil at a time and start mixing it in.
- Once everything is mixed in take a tight bottle or a container and start adding this pickle masala in the bottle make sure that you keep pressing the masala down while adding it in the bottle this will help the oxygen to get out of the masala thus making it even more air tight.
Tips: the reason we do not add hot oil to the masala is because if you do and hot oil then the masala will turn blackish in colour.
The same goes with turmeric the reason we do not add turmeric in this masala is so as to avoid that dark colour