Authentic Aloo Matar Ki Sabji is simply delicious, that is, if you know the right way to make it. But you guys don’t need to worry, Just follow this written recipe or watch my video of Aloo Matar Ki Sabji and I can vouch that this will be the best aloo matar that you could get anywhere.
Step by Step Video for ‘Aloo Matar Ki Sabji’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Aloo Matar Ki Sabji
|Potatoes||4 medium size|
|Dhania Powder / Coriander Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Jeera Powder/ Cumin Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Salt||1 ½ tsp or as per your taste|
|Kasuri Methi / Dried Fenugreek Leaves||1 tsp|
|Red Chilli||½ tsp|
|Haldi / Turmeric||½ tsp|
|Jeera / Cumin||½ tsp|
|Garam Masala||½ tsp|
|Hing / Asafoetida||pinch|
|Water||1 cup or as per your need.|
Prepping for Aloo Matar Ki Sabji
- Boil the potatoes, remove skin and make cubes using your hands instead of knife.
- Dice the tomatoes, slice the green chillies, chop the cilantro and ginger.
Method for making the for Aloo Matar Ki Sabji
- In a pressure cooker, heat up the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add jeera and once they start sizzling add a pinch of hing.
- Followed by ginger and green chillies. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and peas.Cook till the time the tomatoes start to ooze out oil. This might take 3-4 minutes on medium flame. Make sure you cover the cooker.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked in add the Kasuri Methi, the dania jeera powder, red chilli, haldi and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cubed Potatoes and mix well.
- Add the water mix well, cover the cooker lid and pressure cook till you hear 3 whistles. Let the flame be on high.
- After you three whistles turn off the flame and wait till the heat escapes from the cooker this might take 8-10 minutes.
- Open the lid, mix everything well, turn on the flame add the garam masala and cilantro. Let it come to a boil.
- Once the aloo matar come to a boil turn of the flame and serve it hot.
- This dish goes very well with puri, roti, lachha paratha, and rice.